Nands magically unlinked?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Abcdfv, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Abcdfv
    OP

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    So I just helped my girlfriend downgrade to 9.2 (everything went fine first try, old3DS) and set up emunand using Emunand9tool, and the December 5th RXtools nightly. everything worked fine, all her games and everything showed up. She bought a new SDcard today, and again using Emunand9tool we formatted the fresh, never before used sdcard. I then copied all the files from the old sdcard to the new one, and used Emunand tool to inject the old emunand into the new sdcard. However, now when booting into emunand none of the games show up, and fbi fails installing due to "database does not exist."
    Inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder are now two more folders, a new one, and the old one I copied to it.

Should I have copied the "Nintendo 3DS" folder to the new sdcard before formatting emunand to ensure the nands were properly linked?

EDIT: I solved the problem by just deleting the new folder emunand9tool created.

Last edited by Abcdfv, Jan 10, 2016
    cvskid likes this.
  2. GreaterDog

GreaterDog A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior

Banned
    Nov 12, 2015
    Trying To Hide From Raulpica's Bans
    (`_っ´)you might know but its just a reminder : To unlink NANDs you need to format one of them ( If sysNAND take out the SD Card )

3. Abcdfv
    OP

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    The goal is to keep the nands linked. I'm sorry if my post isn't worded very well, I'm tired.

4. Smash Br0

Smash Br0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    What's the point of keeping sysNAND and emuNAND linked? I forget.

5. Abcdfv
    OP

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    You don't have to install GBA games in sysnand, CIA save games carry over between NANDs, i forget what else.

Smash Br0 likes this.
  6. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    I personally put the nintendo 3DS folder inside the SD card after I formatted on GateWay

7. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Makes certain things easier like installing gba and dsiware games.

Smash Br0 likes this.
  8. Abcdfv
    OP

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I fixed it. All is well.

Xanthe likes this.
  9. coreycubed

coreycubed Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2009
    United States
    This happened to me, too, and I fixed it the same way. I'm curious why it happened, though. I know that EmuNANDTool didn't format my sysNAND, but I thought it had for a second. Does anyone know why EmuNANDTool does this?

10. Abcdfv
    OP

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    My guess is where it tries to set the SDcard up after formatting, but has no foundation to build off of. So it just sets up a new Nintendo 3DS folder, then when you copy everything back, the 3ds starts looking at the first title/ticket.db in the file system, which is the one emunand9tool created.

That's just not exactly what I expected to happen when I formatted it lol.