Nudibranch Lover
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the latest round of "Name the Movie". As there are so many great holidays this time of year, and great movies about those holidays, the theme for this round will be Holiday Movies. The most plentiful subject matter will surely come from Christmas movies, but feel free to use movies about Chanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years, etc. Pretty much any major holiday that falls within the calender period of this round (5th December - 5th January)

The holiday doesn't need to be the primary theme, just an identifiable element.

Please refrain from any negative comments regarding other people's holidays or religious beliefs. This is not the thread nor the site for that, and moderators will be summoned swiftly.

Anyone can join in the game as long as you are willing to follow the rules and enjoy playing. If you are new to the game or unsure of the rules refer to the link to go to the main discussion thread.

Round details:

Round start : 5th December
Round end: 5th January
Judge: Szyslak

Any issues or complaints should be brought up in the discussion thread or sent directly to the judge.

Remember to send the answer to the previous poster when posting a picture for your turn.
Remember to keep the scores updated.

Keeping a list of the movies already used in a spoiler box seemed to work pretty well last round, so we'll try that again. IMDb links aren't really necessary, and may even serve as a platform for pranks for the most nefarious among us.
wink.gif

Most of all, this thread is supposed to be fun. Try to keep that in mind.

Link to discussion thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=98698

One person posts a screenshot of a film, relevant to the theme of the round, making sure it isn't impossible to guess (ie include either a lead character or make it a renowned/significant scene)....or too easy. When a successful guess has been made and confirmed to be correct by the poster of the image, the person who guessed successfully posts the next screenshot and sends a PM to the forum member whose image they guessed correctly. This allows them to judge the guesses for that particular image in your absence. When confirming a film the score table must be updated with the new scores, post this in a codebox to make sure the list doesn't get too long. So, if you're going to make a guess and following that post a snapshot please ensure that you check back every so often to see if someone named your movie correctly or to check if your guess was correct so that the game isn't held up too long. Try not to repeat movies, especially the same scene...

Revision introduced last round:

If someone posts a correct guess and doesn't come back to post a new picture within 12 hours then it becomes a do-over. The turn reverts back to the previous player who posted a pic, that player posts a new pic and PMs the previous player again. The first time someone does it they just get a warning, the next time they do it the points get removed to stop habit forming.

This is the first image to guess, as always, an easy one to start things off...

Holiday1.jpg

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4man18 said:
imz said:
QUOTE said:

I believe that's home alone 2 is it not?
I thought the same thing because in number 2 he is in new york or someplace similar and goes into the toy store and buys the doves.
Doh. I think you're right. For some reason I had a really hard time finding an image from Home Alone that was anything but the iconic "kevin trying aftershave" shot and I inadvertently grabbed one from Home Alone 2. My bad.

Not going to go back and screw up the order or anything, but imz does deserve a point for guessing the correct movie.

Updated Scores

R4man18: 2
TomQMan: 1
Vulpes Abnocto: 1
imz: 1
budrow66: 1

budrow66's turn

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*disclaimer notice*

Okay.
I can explain this guy.

I dragged his lanky pale ass in kicking and screaming.

I googled the image for this, and assisted in helping him post the image.

wub.gif
Elder Gods love him. (which is Southern for "He's a little slow")

But I guarantee, once he gets the method down, he'll be an extreme asset to the forum. (The guy's a fuc*in Genius, I swear.)

And we're a little drunk.

happy.gif

Mea culpa

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
Love the idea, but the date stamp on the pic and the air conditioner in the window might suggest that it's not actually a screen capture from the movie.

I always wanted one of those.
tongue.gif

[Edit]
@Vulpes: "Elder Gods love him"
smile.gif
Haven't heard that in forever.

I'd love to be having a beer with you and budrow right now.
grog.gif
(I'm a little drunk myself)

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
^^;
I'll call Mea Culpa on that one too.

(And tonight, it's Canadian Whisky)
Glad you got it sorted. I'm into a little Knob Creek myself. Canadian sounds tasty though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end