N64 re-make?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by ZenZero, Nov 4, 2008.

Nov 4, 2008

N64 re-make? by ZenZero at 5:39 PM (1,492 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. ZenZero
    OP

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    hi,
    I have seen things like the retro duo which lets you run snes and nes games on 1 console.

this is a great function - but i love the retro duo simply because it is cheaper than trying to find a nes/snes.

is there anything like this that will play N64 games?

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Why not just buy a REAL N64 they are around the same price or cheaper ... have a look round car boot sales and second hand stores you can get them for next to nothing!

Gamestation stores sell them pre owned £14.99!

3. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    That's not what he asked, kobykaan.

4. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    I haven't heard of one, other than The original N64.

5. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    There's no n64 clones around. I'd watch out when buying some of those 2-in-1 NES/SNES clones as well, there's some that are excellent but a few are missing support for certain mappers on the NES and lack the ability to run FX and other custom chips on the SNES side.

6. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    the problem with buying a n64 isn't the cost of the console, its the cost of the memory expansion module...

7. TrolleyDave

United Kingdom
    I gotta agree on that, I still see them for 10-15 quid loose in some places. There's still alot of great games you can play without it but it's a necessary item for playing some of the better games. Turok 2 looks pretty shit without it.

8. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

Car boot sales ... failing that EMULATE with PC or like I do ORIGINAL XBOX soft modded .. then using ULTRA 64/DALEUS/PROJECT 64 xbox emulator pack ..sure not 100% but plays quite a lot of games VERY WELL you can even switch between plugins [​IMG]

plus you can emulate crap loads of other consoles on the XBOX and use it as a media centre too [​IMG]

9. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Still have my memory expansion [​IMG]. The unit itself is in mint condition , as is the box. I even have the little plastic bag the unit was wrapped in and the little plastic release thingy [​IMG]. Official Nintendo one as well , will never part with it. Had a mate basically begging at one time for me to sell it so he could play perfect dark.

10. TrolleyDave

United Kingdom
    Lucky bastard! I've got 4 (1 in each machine and 2 backups) but none of them boxed or mint. I take it you've got one in your machine as well?

11. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I've only got the one. It's in the machine at the moment. It's pretty much never been taken out which is why it's in such good condition. Box is currently storing the original unit you take out of the n64 , which is also why it's in such good condition as I made sure never to damage the box as I knew something valuable was in it.

Maybe I used the wrong word , does mint condition mean still sealed? or just pretty much perfect? , like mine is. Anyway the unit + box is basically as good as the day I got it [​IMG].

12. TrolleyDave

United Kingdom
    To be honest I'm not entirely sure when it comes to console collecting. If it was a record it would be classed as near mint cos mint basically means only touched to bring it home! I can't say mine are in as good of a condition as yours though, they're a little rough around the edges from moving house/flat too many times in the past 10 years.

13. UltraMagnus

United Kingdom
    I actually have the memory expansion pack too myself, I think it came with donkey kong 64, which even at the time cost more than the bloody console... (I am ashamed to say, I actually used to pay for games)

as for the xbox, only bought that for one game, that cost twice as much as the console again....

14. TrolleyDave

United Kingdom
    I still pay for games! [​IMG] Although admittedly I didn't buy DK64 at the time of release just cos of the cost, and the fact that I already had a mem expansion and they never sold the bastard without it except in second hand shops.

What's the Xbox game you got it for? Admittedly I still fire it up occasionally to play a couple of games but my Gamecube and other consoles get alot more use.

15. UltraMagnus

United Kingdom
    Steel Battalion It has this massive three joystick, 40 button, 3 pedal controller, hence the price (£120). yeah, I am a mech nut

They go quite cheaply on ebay these days (at least, compared to the price i paid) so I would recommend it to anyone that has never played it