Hardware N3ds Dual IPS Service?

Blaziken99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Just recently with learning about Homebrew finally becoming widespread in the 3ds community I would absolutely love to pick up a new one. I have had my eyes on the Pokemon 20th anniversary edition and would really like it to be my perfect 3ds-and then comes the screen lottery. I hate TN panels. Between bad monitors I have had, cheap TVs, the difference really bothers me and I would like to get one of these systems with dual IPS screens.

After a little bit of research about obtaining this dream system the only thing I could really find is a bunch of XLs of a different edition on eBay, and some Reddit threads of people trying to replace them themselves. However, I did find one Reddit thread referencing some users here that did the service, but the thread was 2 years old with half of the comments deleted.

Is there any person on here that would be able to do this dual IPS upgrade? And if there was... How would the screen sale work? Would I have to track down the screens myself and send them with my 3ds? If so-I could only find IPS replacements for the XL model, however this is only after 10 mins of scouring eBay.

Reactions: Deleted User

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
in greece, they opened all up and gave them to workers inside the ips, they resealed and now sell tn only, if u find one on stock. that's what the rumor says
edit: you get the system try it with the plastic on and then call ninty and complain in a nice way.. don't demand it, ask for it nicely.. they might do it..

Last edited by pohaxsf,

Blaziken99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking all over eBay for a good deal I think I'm going to go for a used one, as I'm only really interested in the Blastoise plate. Currently only one listing for $200 markup on a top IPS only anyway. Would Nintendo still do the replacement on a secondhand system? If so, is there anyone here that's had experience with it in terms of cost and time?

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Looking all over eBay for a good deal I think I'm going to go for a used one, as I'm only really interested in the Blastoise plate. Currently only one listing for $200 markup on a top IPS only anyway. Would Nintendo still do the replacement on a secondhand system? If so, is there anyone here that's had experience with it in terms of cost and time?
can u just drop them a call and ask?

Blaziken99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to call and ask, but I think just getting a phone representative that understands different screen technologies and the fact that the 3ds ships with different ones is gonna be pretty difficult.

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'll have to call and ask, but I think just getting a phone representative that understands different screen technologies and the fact that the 3ds ships with different ones is gonna be pretty difficult.
no, they are trained, or be kind and explain, from as you speak it makes me understand you won't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*