N3ds downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Sinfulmatik, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Sinfulmatik
    OP

Sinfulmatik Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    Hey has anyone tried downgrading a n3ds let's say at 9.9 firmware but by upgrading thru a fire emblem fates update which has 10.3 firm and then successfully downgrading? I mean theorically will this work? I have read lots of threads about downgrading but downgrading from 10.3 seems to give better results?

2. JacksonS

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    I think if you use SafeSysUpdater you will probably not run into any errors downgrading from 9.9. But of course, if you want to update to 10.3 first, I don't see why that wouldn't work too.

3. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    You could I guess. I don't see a problem with that, but tbh you could do it from 9.9. I did it from 10.1 and it was fine.

4. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    yes you can do that

5. Sinfulmatik
    OP

Sinfulmatik Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    Good to hear. Because last time I tried a 9.9 n3ds it completely bricked. However back when 10.3 was stilli being signed by Nintendo I successfully downgraded 10 units after the softbrick. I just don't wanna waste 2 Benjamin's on a 10.6 n3ds. But o well I will report back once i try it.