Hacking N3DS downgrade was incomplete

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, just downgraded my N3DS today (9.5 > to 10.3 sysupdater then to 9.2 safesysupdater)
and ran downgrade checker 2.0 and seems like the downgrade was kinda incomplete.

Code:
[MISMATCHED VERSIONS]

TitleID Vers: Expected Installed Description

0004009b00010402 04098 05122 N/A
0004001b00010802 00000 01024 N/A
0004013000001b02 02048 03073 GPIO system-module
0004013000001a02 05120 06145 DSP system-module

[EXTRA TITLES]

TitleID Vers. Description

0004003000009e02 01031 amiibo Settings

[MISSING TITLES]

TitleID Vers. Description
I attempted using mini pasta and pasta CFW on HBL (browserhax) so I could install/update the last few system CIA's with CIA manager.
Mini pasta sorta worked, it successfully rebooted and I was able to use FBI to install Big Blue Manager to sysnand but cant get to launch. (It pops up for few seconds as a grey box and disappears.)

Should I try updating back to 10.3? Or try using Rxtools to install a cia manager to sysnand?
Any idea will help.
Thanks -SM

Last edited by SMVB64,

SMVB64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downgrade again with the to 9.2 or 9.0 It will overwrite the files. see this thread same issue as yours.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/do-i-need-to-downgrade-again.410093/
Didn't think of that! Ill give that a shot now

If CFW works then there is no point in updating to 10.3 to downgrade again for some useless left overs from a higher firmware.
Im not able to get mini pasta to disable signature checks, im guessing that why I keep getting the grey box for a few seconds.

Last edited by SMVB64,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't think of that! Ill give that a shot now

Im not able to get mini pasta to disable signature checks, im guessing that why I keep getting the grey box for a few seconds.
??? The point of Pasta is signature patch. What is your point of disabling signature patch? It's normal SYSNAND then.

SMVB64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
??? The point of Pasta is signature patch. What is your point of disabling signature patch? It's normal SYSNAND then.
Sorry I didn't say that right, I meant pasta is not enabling signature patch.

Also I attempted downgrading from 9.2 with the 9.2cia files on safesysupdater. sysupdater is stuck on reboot, Ill give a few minutes then restart.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I didn't say that right, I meant pasta is not enabling signature patch.

Also I attempted downgrading from 9.2 with the 9.2cia files on safesysupdater. sysupdater is stuck on reboot, Ill give a few minutes then restart.
mini Pasta enables sig patch by default. That's why it enables you to install CIA into your SYSNAND.

SMVB64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mini Pasta enables sig patch by default. That's why it enables you to install CIA into your SYSNAND.
Thats right, yeah I was able to install an CIA to sysnand, but I keep getting the grey square on homemenu for few seconds. With sig patch enabled you should be able to access it?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats right, yeah was able to install an CIA to sysnand, but I keep getting the grey square on homemenu for few seconds. With sig patch enabled you should be able to access it right?
Pasta Mini is sig patch enabled so you should be able to launch in Pasta mode on SYSNAND.

Just to make sure you did thing correctly.When you install with FBI, Destination is SD (not NAND), right?

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: SMVB64

SMVB64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pasta Mini is sig patch enabled so you should be able to launch in Pasta mode on SYSNAND.

Just to make sure you did thing correctly.When you install with FBI, Destination is SD (not NAND), right?

Just reinstalled it now, yup that was it! Im able to access big blue menu. Huge thanks, I took installing to NAND too literally.

Now just have to install Dev menu and install the CIAs from the 9.2 pack that got messed up in the downgrade that should do the trick hopefully.
Ill try that now
(Does the version of Dev menu matter? Im using 620_repack that allows the installations of DLC)

Last edited by SMVB64,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just reinstalled it now, yup that was it! Im able to access big blue menu. Huge thanks, I took installing to NAND too literally.

Now just have to install Dev menu and install the CIAs from the 9.2 pack that got messed up in the downgrade that should do the trick hopefully.
Ill try that now
(Does the version of Dev menu matter? Im using 620_repack that allows the installations of DLC)
Version shouldn't matter. But if you can access bbm, just use it to install the missing files? Or fbi since that has the nand option.

SMVB64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Version shouldn't matter. But if you can access bbm, just use it to install the missing files? Or fbi since that has the nand option.
Ill try that, Devmenu 620 repack is giving me invalid cia ( my guess because it doesn't want to install an older version of a newer system file?)
On another thread, I saw poster named pacman recommend Dev menu DevMenu_v0.15.8(r37904)

Last edited by SMVB64,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill try that, Devmenu 620 repack is giving me invalid cia ( my guess because it doesn't want to install an older version of a newer system file?)
I haven't had that problem. But devmenu and bbm are basically the same thing. Just different names with the same layout and options. If you can set up emunand, you could always do an"fresh" install of 9.2 on it and use decrypt9 or emunan9 homebrew file to inject you emunand to sysnand and not have to run into any issues when installing the update files. Because in emunand, all you have to do is go to the update folder and press the install all cia button.

Reactions: SMVB64

SMVB64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't had that problem. But devmenu and bbm are basically the same thing. Just different names with the same layout and options. If you can set up emunand, you could always do an"fresh" install of 9.2 on it and use decrypt9 or emunan9 homebrew file to inject you emunand to sysnand and not have to run into any issues when installing the update files. Because in emunand, all you have to do is go to the update folder and press the install all cia button.
That be the last resort, but that would work. Also I did find and try DevMenu_v0.15.8(r37904) and it actually worked, the CIA wasn't invalid. It was on both Devmenu 620 and BBM. (PM me if you need it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway