Hacking N3DS - Does the DS exploit get wiped for YOU? (+ poll)

Does running DS games/DSiware wipe the exploit for you?

• Yes

Votes: 68 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • magikarp

Votes: 106 50.5%

• Total voters

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in an attempt to figure it out i have just tested the various whitelist setups and it seems its not related to what whitelist you have
for each whitelist i wiped the NVRAM, reinstalled it, booted the blue card/retail carts and seen if it was wiped
for spoofed,v0 AND v11264 the exploit stuck even after launching DS titles.......time to look elsewhere for a cause....what size nands do people have maybe, mine is a 1.8gb nand

To wipe, were you restoring your NAND in full? That may be a better test rather than uninstall/reinstall. I have a 1.8GB as well on a 9.0 sysNAND. I'll try when I get home today. Also, where can I grab the whitelist at, that ISO site? Or is that what the timewarp.cia is?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't have the whitelist installed so it could be that why my exploit is lost but N3DSXL with a nand size of 1.84 GB (1,979,711,488 bytes).
ok well there goes that theory....and dw about the whitelist it doesn't seem to be the reason why some peoples sticks and others don't, as i said i tried the 3 main different whitelist setups and the exploit still stuck on my console.......hhmmmm idk could be down to wifi settings or something i guess....maybe....idk im stumped now XD
To wipe, were you restoring your NAND in full? That may be a better test rather than uninstall/reinstall. I have a 1.8GB as well on a 9.0 sysNAND. I'll try when I get home today. Also, where can I grab the whitelist at, that ISO site? Or is that what the timewarp.cia is?
dont think im quite that eager to find out :P....... i just held select when booting a game to reset NVRAM so it didnt trigger the exploit then re-installed via GW menu, that should be enough to know it the version of the whitelist was the root cause of it sticking or not

Reactions: cearp

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in an attempt to figure it out i have just tested the various whitelist setups and it seems its not related to what whitelist you have
for each whitelist i wiped the NVRAM, reinstalled it, booted the blue card/retail carts and seen if it was wiped
for spoofed,v0 AND v11264 the exploit stuck even after launching DS titles.......time to look elsewhere for a cause....what size nands do people have maybe, mine is a 1.8gb nand

I guess members need to be more detailed about there findings, although this should've been done anyways from the get go instead of getting a "yes it stuck" and "no it got wiped".

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess members need to be more detailed about there findings, although this should've been done anyways from the get go instead of getting a "yes it stuck" and "no it got wiped".
Well my Info is as such, N3DSXL 9.0.0-20 (U), Running, 4.5 System Setting app, No Whitelist due to having a supercard dstwo, Emunand on 9.5, Original exploit entry point was V0 OoT.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah i think the issue is that we dont really have a direction where to look, should we all start sharing the ds profile name and D.O.B on the console in case that's a factor :P, but i guess its just a process of elimination, whitelist doesn't appear to be the cause, region doesn't appear to be the cause, nand size doesn't appear to be the cause........maybe i will try changing my profile info see if that has any effect

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be what card they are using to play ds games, the GW blue card, R4 card, dstwo card.

edit: so people are able to play dsiware.cia games with GW? Is this being done from emunand or sysnand?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Could be what card they are using to play ds games, the GW blue card, R4 card, dstwo card.
yeah except the people who it sticks for can use retail carts too and it still sticks, but doesn't for the people who cant get it to stick, plus some blue card users can't get it to stick.....but i agree specific cards might cause issues too....or it could simply be that some models use different NVRAM or something non-user related

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah except the people who it sticks for can use retail carts too and it still sticks, but doesn't for the people who cant get it to stick, plus some blue card users can't get it to stick.....but i agree specific cards might cause issues too....or it could simply be that some models use different NVRAM or something non-user related

.....time to have everybody take a part there n3ds systems!!!!!

Reactions: gamesquest1

Doom561

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I have a feeling it might be to do with the different models, what if we compared everyone's serial code with the people who it stick to and the people it doesn't stick to?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Blue N3DS XL AUS 9.0E exploit is gone after playing DS games.

Black N3DS EU 9.0E exploit remains in place after playing DS games.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hmmmmm i think i may know what it is, a few more tests :lol:

EDIT....hmmm ok, so maybe, basically i changed my profile name, installed the exploit, tested it and it worked ran a DS game, exited and the exploit was wiped, my original profile name was gamesquest, and i just changed it to games......but i just tried again edited it back to gamesquest, then decided i want to double check if just "games" caused it to be wiped again, and this time it stuck fine........soooo idk, feel free to try messing with your profile name, might of just been another fluke, ir changing it can help it stick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169