My Wii is acting weird...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by forbore, Dec 23, 2008.

Dec 23, 2008

My Wii is acting weird... by forbore at 4:46 PM (720 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. forbore
    OP

Member forbore GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Since I installed the HBC, in May, I've had this problem; my health screen is black and white, and when browsing in the System Menu, the sound bugs. Ex; Once out of 2, when I load the SM, the sound play for about 3 secs, and then stops suddenly. Sometimes it plays normally. Same thing happens when clicking on channels. Sometimes the sound works great, but sometimes it stops suddenly. Should I format my Wii?

2. Jotokun

Member Jotokun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The health and warning screen is in black and white on NTSC-US consoles, so perhaps you changed its region?(You can check this if you go to the options/settings screen, in the upper corner it should say 3.XU if US, 3.XE if Europe, 3.XJ if jpn. Fill in x with whatever it gives you).

As for the second option, if your firmware is 3.2U or 3.2E, perhaps you have starfall installed? There is an option in it that allows you to disable the background music in the system menu

I dont know exactly why, but I've heard that formating a wii is a bad idea if you have homebrew on it. Dont know the details, maybe someone else could explain that one.

3. forbore
    OP

Member forbore GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    THanks for the help. I thought that my Health Screen was supposed to be in color but I got a NTSC-U, and for the sound, it plays only once out of 2 and I don't have SF installed so I don't know what the problem is! Lawl...