Homebrew My Cias doesn't work anymore

Hua

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I followed Plailect's guide back then to install cfw on my O3DS. I also had a Gateway 3DS cart, which I got it to work after adding a payload.
I haven't been much active on my 3DS lately but 2 weeks ago my brother asked me which region version I had for Smash Bros. I looked it up for the ID by using FBI (Health & Safety App) and then checked a site. He also asked me something about converting 3DS roms save files for his CIA but he couldn't continue because the firmware on the 3DS was too new for the Gateway 3DS to function.

I went to try to see if anything would happen if I tried to boot up Gateway 3DS on my 3DS. The Gateway menu did appear and I proceeded and it stayed at a black screen. I turned off the 3DS after a while and booted the device up. I didn't do much with my 3DS other than playing a little bit of Pokemon Shuffle. But recently I found out all my installed CIAs, FBI (Health & Safety) etc. aren't working anymore. If I try to start these apps I get a message (see the provided screenshot). The apps that I have clicked will disappear after I rebooted the device, the CIAs I didn't click will remain on the home menu. My legit games still work perfectly fine.

Info about my device:
I have an O3DS XL on firmware Ver. 11.6.0-39E it has CFW Luma3DS A9LH.

I do not know which Luma3DS version I got, since the updater got removed. I could check on the SD card if needed.
I was unable to boot into Luma3DS menu.

So can someone help me in the right direction what I can do to fix this issue from this point?

Attachments

• IMG_20171112_150149.jpg
    IMG_20171112_150149.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 289

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you basically just got rid of your CFW by booting Gateway over 11.2.... All you can do is re-install it with a flashcard/DSiWareHax/NTRBootHaX....

There is nothing you can do other than re-install it. None of your .CIA installs are going to work because you lost arm9 access.

Reactions: wormdood and ThoD

Hua

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So you basically launched gateway on fw >11.3?
If you did then I have bad news, you just lost A9LH
Thank you for your reply.

Yeah you basically just got rid of your CFW by booting Gateway over 11.2.... All you can do is re-install it with a flashcard/DSiWareHax/NTRBootHaX....

There is nothing you can do other than re-install it. None of your .CIA installs are going to work because you lost arm9 access.
Thank you for your reply. I will look into the options you mentioned.

I just took a quicklook at DSiWareHax, this one requires two 3DS devices (I have 2) and a compitable game (I don't have). This one requires a System Transfer.
In one of the steps I came across this: 'You can also just remove the NNID from the source 3DS if you’d prefer it remain on the target 3DS'.
This means I can keep my original NNID on my target 3DS instead of using the one from my source 3DS?

I would like to keep my NNID instead of using a different one.

For the other method: Ntrboothax with a compitable flashcart. I will need to buy a flashcart that can run on my device. I have also a NDS Lite.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for your reply. I will look into the options you mentioned.

I just took a quicklook at DSiWareHax, this one requires two 3DS devices (I have 2) and a compitable game (I don't have). This one requires a System Transfer.
In one of the steps I came across this: 'You can also just remove the NNID from the source 3DS if you’d prefer it remain on the target 3DS'.
This means I can keep my original NNID on my target 3DS instead of using the one from my source 3DS?

I would like to keep my NNID instead of using a different one.

For the other method: Ntrboothax with a compitable flashcart. I will need to buy a flashcart that can run on my device. I have also a NDS Lite.

You'd have to buy either a $2 DSiWare game or a $20 Flashcart if you want CFW back period. There are no free options for your firmware.

The NNID will be tied to the target system after the transfer. If you want it back on the source, you'd have to call Nintendo or do a reverse system transfer after 7 days (this will cause the target's NNID to be linked to the source console as well).

Reactions: Hua

Hua

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You'd have to buy either a $2 DSiWare game or a $20 Flashcart if you want CFW back period. There are no free options for your firmware.

The NNID will be tied to the target system after the transfer. If you want it back on the source, you'd have to call Nintendo or do a reverse system transfer after 7 days (this will cause the target's NNID to be linked to the source console as well).
Ok, I will decide soon which method I will choose. Thanks for the responses!

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.