Multiplayer and 2 different flashcarts

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ssg-, Jul 2, 2012.

Jul 2, 2012
  1. ssg-
    OP

Newcomer ssg- Newbie

Czech Republic
    I currently have Acekard2i. I'm going to buy second 3DS for my GF so we could play multiplayer games.
    Has there been any known problems with DS games and their multiplayer features with 2 different flashcarts? I have heard that 3DS should have 100% compatibility with DS games, but I was wondering if using flashcart will create problems. All I really want to do is play games with my GF. So we don't need internet features just multiplayer.
    I was thinking of buying some another card just to test out what else is out there. Acekard2i is great, but it seems R4i gets firmware updates faster.

tl;dr Does DS multiplayer features work between 2 different manufactures flashcarts?

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    The flashcart doesn't matter; as long as both flashcarts can play the game, multiplayer is possible.

1 person likes this.
  3. VMM

Member VMM Full Hollow Cero

Brazil
    Just be careful to not update your 3DS before your flashcard
    Maultiplayer is perfectly fine with two flashcards, no matter what are those

4. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Just run moonshell and you can play the mutilplay on all kinds of flashcards. Ak2i is a good one, but I recommend you r4i gold(r4ids.cn) just because it always release the patch for the system updating within 24 hours. Besides, dstwo is also a good choice on condition that you do not care about the price. R4i gold(r4ids.cn) and dstwo both can support 3DS V4.2.0-9.

5. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Moonshell? As a ROM loader? :/

6. VMM

Member VMM Full Hollow Cero

Brazil
    I would not trust on a clone flashcard,
    @ssg- if you don't want to spend much on a flashcard, buy a AK2i,
    it's good, easy to use, cheap, and will always have updates

7. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    VMM, how do you define a clone one? The card recommended by me updates its WOOD R4 very normally(almost once a month) and always release the patch for the system updating very fast. You can make a comparision by yourself.

8. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    @ssg research download play because if you use it your GF doesn't need to have a flashcard, only you with the game you want to play with her. (only a few games require both players to have the same game)

Also,no flashcard has problems with other flashcards using multiplayer because the flashcard is only loading a game. The game won't have compatiblity issues with the same exact game, understand? In other words, it has nothing to do with the flashcard...