Multi disc games on dios mios

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Zrecer, Sep 16, 2012.

Sep 16, 2012

Multi disc games on dios mios by Zrecer at 1:17 AM (13,421 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Zrecer
    OP

Newcomer Zrecer Member

United States
    Are multiple disc games supported on dios mios?
    I was trying to open disc 2 of Resident Evil, but it loads the disc 1 ISO. I did notice that the game ID's were the same, don't know if that has any bearing on anything. I've heard that devolution supports multi disc games, but that's not really an option for me.
    I'm running Usb Loader Gx rev 1193 on dios mios 2.0 (Yes I know it's kind of old, but I've had great success with this setup, so I kept it.)

2. TyBlood13

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    the disc 2 iso has to be in the same folder as disc 1 but (disc 2) is named gam1.iso. when prompted to change discs hit the eject button and dios mios will automatically change the disc.

3. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    As of today, Dios Mios does not allow swapping discs yet. SWISS does though, so do emulators, so if you find yourself stuck, you can transfer your save and simply make a few steps to "switch to the other disc", then carry on playing.

I think that's SWISS, not Dios Mios...?

http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/

4. TyBlood13

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    Now that you mention it, I think it was Devoltion... Sorry OP. :wtf:

5. Zrecer
    OP

Newcomer Zrecer Member

United States
    Thanks anyway for the fast reply:)

So to confirm, no current version of dios mios supports multi disc games?

6. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Yep. It's not supported, likely due to limited resources, but probably being worked on as we speak.

7. Zrecer
    OP

Newcomer Zrecer Member

United States
    Bummer. Thanks for the info though.

8. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    just wondering how we can switch discs in Dolphin?

9. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Just two things I want to add:

USB Loader GX currently list both disc, but always launch the same one (the code is not updated yet to support 2 ISO with the same GameID).
    If you want to launch Disc2, delete (rename/move/anything that will prevent GX to load it) the Disc1.

If the multi disc games ask you to save at the end of the disc, the above method is fine.
    But if you can't save between disc switching, then it's more complicated:

DIOS MIOS can run multiple discs games, it has been confirmed on some games.
    I didn't try it myself, so I can't explain how to do it, but it involved either:
    - using a modified save game file (for tales of symphonia. I think it was emigre who tested it).
    - using the extracted file format (not the .iso), and extract both game disc in the same folder. (I don't remember anyone trying/reporting this method, please try and report :D)

You can of course switch disc using dolphin, and put the save back on the real memory card, or using NMM/gci converter to go back to Wii after switching disc.
    Swiss is maybe easier if you are using a real memory card but I think it requires an SD gecko.

mclow likes this.
  10. stsaerox

Member stsaerox As old as the NES

Greece
    I couldn't remember how to change Disks under DML and when I searched I found this topic that is a bit outdated and I thought someone will find this helpful.I don't know if this is the proper action but this worked for me below:

-You have to use version 2.6+ (the first one that officially supported disc change).
    -Rip the first iso (Disc 1) with "DiscEX-v0.8b-cred"
    -Move in a separate folder (disc 2) and rip it with the same tool.
    -Rename in the second Disk (disc 2) the Iso only that was created to "disc2"
    - Move the renamed only file:"disc2" to the folder of first disc.
    - The final file structure in SD(Dios Mios Lite) or USB(Dios Mios) folder should be something like it:
    ddgG.PNG

Files in blue are UNTOUCHED, "sys" contents and game (iso file) are from disc 1 if this confuses someone.

The example is my "metal gear solid the twin snakes" that should have worked in 2.6 or 2.8. I can confirm that it worked.
    The recent one is RE code veronica X that I recently did this method and worked in a friends of mine Wii with DML 2.10.
    My SD card is this exactly: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004Q3C98S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

11. mclow

Newcomer mclow Advanced Member

Germany
    i tried the method like on the picture...
    but it always loads disc one if i try to start disc2......
    i tried with RE0 , RE1, RE4, RE CVX
    both disks are there but i cant start it..

im using dios mios 2.10 and wiiflow 4.1

on every game i got a save game from disc one.....
    if i start disc two i can normaly load the game....

is there a way to start up both discs normaly....
    and also at the same time let dios mios autochange the disc if asked for next disc?

thx in advance

12. stsaerox

Greece
    I cannot remember now but I think that always starts on Disc one and this depends on the usb loader you use. Does it change the disk successfully later?

mclow likes this.
  13. mclow

Newcomer mclow Advanced Member

Germany
    yeah it alway starts disc one.... i never played till disc 2... i have to try...
    but what if i want to start direct from disc 2???

i also tried with cfg usb loader.... there only one disc is shown... and if u select it u can choose between disc one and two... i hope they will add the same feature to wiiflow... because i llike wiiflow alot more :D

14. raphakiske

Newcomer raphakiske Newbie

Brazil

I did ecxatly you did... and It didn't work for me... I just wait on the swap disc screen from Resident Evil One, and It just give that error message to check the game booklet for further information...

='(

15. migles

Member migles Official fishy stick giver

Trinidad and Tobago
    can't use nintendont? nintendont supports multi discs.
    also, this thread is from 2012... but i guess it was a valid bump

ps: this thread is old, dios mios now supports multi discs (automatically according to the google page), make sure you are using .iso format and the correct names\folders.
    i think the second disc must be named disc2.iso or something, just use the dm tool (found on dios mios download page) to copy it, should put it the right way automatically.

16. raphakiske

Newcomer raphakiske Newbie

Brazil
    Yeah! this information was very useful! I'm new here... I just found this on google... but I've solved the problem... for the record, I was using Dios Mios 2.9... when I changed to Dios Mios 2.6 it's worked! Thanks a lot for the info and sorry for "revive" an old thread.

17. migles

Member migles Official fishy stick giver

Trinidad and Tobago
    2.6? the last version of dios mios is 2.11 https://code.google.com/p/diosmios/

if you are having problems downloading it, firebox blocks the page, there is a button for disable this blocking temporary (its close to URL) and my avast picks it up with a virus, but its a false positive, the dios mios ownser uses no-ip (a private server) and i think this is the reason antivirus are picking it up

anyways, if you still have problems getting the last version tell me and i will send it\ give you a direct link via pm or something

18. stsaerox

Greece
    I think I did it for Metal Gear solid the twin snakes....