MPlayer and USBLoader use different USB ports...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lostreverie, Sep 28, 2009.

1. lostreverie
    OP

Newcomer lostreverie Advanced Member

United States
    For some reason, configurable usb loader will only mount the hdd if it's connected to the lower port, whereas mplayer ce will only mount it if it's on the higher one. So I constantly have to switch the thing back and forth. I'm wondering if there's an easy fix for this.

I'm using what are to my knowledge the latest cios and mplayer ce versions (14 and .75). I vaguely remember maybe cios11 or 12 or something blocking you from using both ports for some reason, in which case downgrading the cios might be an option although I don't really want to have to do that. Does anyone know an easy way to get either some variant of USBloader or mplayer to mount my hdd from the same port? Thanks!

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    its works on the outer edge one for me on both.
    have you installed cIOS 202 for mplayer ce?

3. lostreverie
    OP

Newcomer lostreverie Advanced Member

United States
    I did, and I made a point of getting the one from their google code page since the one on wiibrew is apparently "buggy." Before I had that, it wasn't recognized on either port.

4. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    I know my HDD makes weird sounds whenever MPlayer CE tries t access it, and it sometimes locks up just because I'm browsing the directories...
    I then switched to geexbox.