Gaming mortal kombat 9

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best option- update your JTAG machine to the newest dash. FbBuild V0.20 added support for Kernel 12625

Lesser option- delete or otherwise bypass the update folders and install dashlaunch or patch the xex file (just install dashlaunch).
The games say they want newer updates but they do not need them yet (nothing added in a newer one that is necessary for function) although I expect time is running out and you will want to update before such a game hits.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Banning should not trouble the ability to update a JTAG machine in the slightest unless you do not have your original keyvault (donor keyvaults were kicked in the head a while back).

I am not sure how you would do it from a GOD install but from a USB install just delete it from the the iso- wx360 being a program that can do it. After this you get to replace the xex file if dashlaunch is not for you.

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no.... the game needs an update but i cant update the game since im banned this is such a hassle maybe ill just buy the game sigh...

edit: and wx360 wont let u delete the system update folder...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure I understand your logic/position

You have a JTAG machine- normal dash updates do not work as you need a rebooter updates. There was something of a lag between the release of the latest official dash a good version of the rebooter to match it so you are probably on an older one. The game says it wants an update and indeed it is coded to say as such- you can however bypass this wish of the game by using dashlaunch or patching the xex file (you can download it or newer versions of xextool will do it for you). You need to remove the updates as well by some means to stop it trying to follow the "logical" method of seeing a newer version on the "disc".
This is all however irrelevant until the next time (newer dash being in public beta and all) as the newest current dashboard is available in rebooter format so you can just play the game as you would normally.
Also being banned means absolutely nothing to JTAG machines other than loss of live when it comes around to it (JTAG machines and live never got along anyway) and possible issues with donor keyvaults if you went down that path.

Finally if you can not delete the folder what about the contents of said folder? Also it is pointless for JTAG but wave patching does exactly the same thing.
For similar reasons actually buying the game places you in the same boat- it will still have the update on disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Large creep