More Dingoo A330 news

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Costello, Apr 27, 2010.

Apr 27, 2010

More Dingoo A330 news by Costello at 5:31 AM (8,155 Views / 0 Likes) 33 replies

1. Costello
    OP

Administrator Costello Headmaster

More Dingoo A330 news
    Release date, specs, pricing
    We're back again with more details on the newest Dingoo console, the A330! We made an exclusive announcement here a couple of days ago, and our members had a lot of questions to ask: what would be the system specifications? how much would it cost? and so on. Through ShopTemp, we have contacted the Dingoo team again and have answered all those questions!
    • The CPU speed will still be 400 MHz (presumably same CPU as the A320).
    • The RAM has been upgraded to 64 MB, as opposed to the 32 megabytes of the A320.
    • Cost price is a little more expensive than the original 320, ShopTemp should be selling the console for $99 (TBC).
    • We haven't heard of a price drop for the A320 at the moment.
    • Official release date is April 29th, although stores won't have it for another couple of days due to Labor holidays in China.
    In addition to those news, we are happy to announce that GBAtemp opened its first Dingoo A320 and A330 sub-forum! Located in the "Other systems" cateogry, we will be moving existing Dingoo topics there very soon.

[​IMG] Check out the newly opened Dingoo Forum
    [​IMG] View the first official photo of the Dingoo A330
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. Atashi

Member Atashi Out of the Loop

Canada
    I have a couple more quick questions...

* What are the physical specs, i.e. size, weight?
    * Does it run the same OS as the A320?
    * Will Dingoo Technology be releasing an official unbricking/flashing tool for the A330, or is it compatible with the existing unbricking / flashing tools?
    * Does it run the same CPU as the A320?

Thanks!

3. Costello
    OP

Administrator Costello Headmaster

my guesses:
    1) can't answer that, but it should be really similar to the A320
    2) presumably yes... although with a different skin?
    3) i doubt it, I doubt they are even aware of the issues... I've informed them via shoptemp but I don't think they are going to care (?) we'll see
    4) i'm pretty sure its the same, considering it's the same speed and runs the same emulators...

4. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Will this have wifi and a web browser? If so does it have flash player so I could watch youtube.

5. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    I never did get what the Dingoo has over, say, a modified PSP, other than it's smaller and possibly shows more "geek pride" or whatever you want to call it. Care to fill me in on what makes the Dingoo so special?

6. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Kinda funny that one of the topics in the subforum is "can we have a separate dingo forum" lol

7. DarkCrudus

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    i like how you can hook it up to your tv

8. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia

9. DarkCrudus

United States
    Oh darn, is the price of the controller known?

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    its 80 bucks and you don't have to fight a war with sony to use emus on it. dingoo technologies actually wants you to use homebrew and roms on their device. it fits in my gb micro bag, fits in my pocket, has 12gb of fun on it at all times. and its not a mainstream psp.

atashi: same cpu, so basically this is a repackaged dingoo. it seems like they are trying to pull away from the crap that happened when they were dingoo digital. making a new shell for the same board isn't the answer. the problem with the homebrew community has been cpu speed. this is why there is an overclocking application. also i don't understand why its more money for the same device in a new shell. i hope the a320 goes down in price so we can buy that up instead.

the more i talk to resellers the more it seems that dingoo technologies is clueless about the problems of the a320. they don't seem to understand that it was the homebrew community who fixed all of their problems. in return they go and put alek's apps on the 330 and don't give him credit for coding them.

i'm being judgemental right now. i'll have to wait to get my hands on one of these before i make up my mind. the slightly larger form factor and the hint at better buttons might make all the difference.

-another world

11. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    People are talking about "unbricking tools"....does that mean the Dingoo is easily bricked?

Is the screen going to be bigger, smaller or the same size on the A330?

12. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    no, not easily. there were issues with homebrew firmware and the original install of dingux. dingoo digital made an official unbricker for the original dingoo. when they became dingoo technologies (don't have a month to explain what made them split, lol) they released a dingoo with different hardware. they never released an unbricker for that. joyrider, one of the homebrew devs, along with MTH figured out after about a month of trial and error how to patch the existing unbricker to work on the "HK" or new dingoos.

people were trying to upgrade to a homebrew operating system that offered different features using the old unbricking tool and it would brick the new dingoo. so for more than a month many people were sitting on a dead $80 toy and hoping for an official fix that never came.

its not really a problem, unbricking that is, but it is a concern now for people who went through that crap.

i've had my dingoo for about 6 months and use it every day. i only mess with the native firmware, emus, apps, and homebrew. i've never bricked it.

-another world

13. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom

14. DarkCrudus

United States

15. DarkCrudus

United States
    huh.. i used the magical tool called google and well seems ya can hook up a psp to teh tv. never knew that. learn somethin new every day eh?

16. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia

17. omgmog

Newcomer omgmog Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    The A330 is very similar to the A320, but now featuring the optional Wireless controller to be used with the tv-out function, and 64mb of ram. I should have a review on Dingoonity by mid-may.

The new spec is as follows:
    - Display: 2.8 inch QVGA (16 Million Colors) 320x240 DVD Quality LCD Screen
    - 64MB Processor Ram (Compared to only 32MB ram in Dingoo Digital A320)
    - 2.4GHz Wireless Controller for playing games while in TV-OUT Mode
    - Internal Storage Memory (4GB Internal memory for storage of your media and game files)
    - External Storage Memory (Mini SD card (SDHC) Expandable to 32GB for a total of 36GB)
    - Controller Specs: 8 Position D-Pad on left, Y, X, A, B buttons on right, L and R shoulder buttons on top
    - Built-in lithium-ion battery gives 6-8 hours of runtime on a single charge

20 Gaming Console Modes:
    - 3D (3D Engine Designed by Dingoo China for Dingoo games and Home Brew Games and Apps)
    - Atari 800
    - Atari 7800
    - Atari Lynx
    - Colecovision
    - CPS1 (CAPCOM Arcade Game Systems 1st Edition)
    - CPS2 (CAPCOM Arcade Game Systems 2nd Edition)
    - GB (Game Boy)
    - GBA (Nintendo Game Boy Advance)
    - GBC (Game Boy Color)
    - Magnavox Odyssey II
    - Neo-Geo (SNK Neo-Geo)
    - Neo-Geo Pocket (SNK Neo-Geo Color, Neo-Geo Color Pocket)
    - NES (Nintendo Entertainment System - 8bit)
    - Sega Game Gear
    - Sega Master System
    - Sega Genesis (Sega Mega-Drive - 16-bit)
    - SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 16bit)
    - Turbo Grafx (Also Known as PCE)
    - WonderSwan (Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color)

I/O Slots:
    - Earphone jack
    - Mini-USB port - Mini-SD slot (SDHC)
    - AV OUT (output to TV - NTSC or PAL, 16:9 or 4:3 DVD Quality)
    - Stereo Speakers

Additional Media Functions:
    - Video Player ( Allows you to play video files from internal or external memory)
    - Compatible Video Formats: FLV, WMV, ASF, RM, AVI, MPEG, MP4, RMVB, SWF, VCD
    - Audio Player (Allows you to play Audio/Music files from internal or external memory)
    - Compatible Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC ,WAV
    - FM Radio (channel range from 76.0MHz~108.0MHz, support manual/auto channel scanning)
    - Voice/Audio Recorder (Record voice/audio conversations or notes for school or work )
    - Image/Picture viewer (Allows you to view images from cameras and computers)
    - Compatible Picture Formats: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG
    - E-book Reader (Text To Speech Capable view txt file format from internal memory)
    - Flash Player (Allows you to play Flash SWF files Flash Version 3 to 6 only currently)

18. chrisman01

Member chrisman01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    holy crap... This thing looks EPIC, but I don't see the point in getting it since I already have a DSi with a flashcart...

do the emulators work better on the Dingoo, or are the homebrew DS emulators about the same?

and wow, this thing's almost as powerful as my Dell Latitude CPx! Technology sure has come far!

...I sure am making myself feel old! >.

19. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark

20. dukemagus

Member dukemagus GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    i am a little worried with the screen... the a320 used a cellphone screen and it made the image a little strange...