Hacking Moonshell loading commercial roms on AK2i?

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to run commercial roms through Moonshell on my AK2i. I've been searching high and low and so far I've only seen 2 solutions, Normmatt's loader which doesn't work on the AK2i, and through the YSMenu which I've heard can brick your AK2i.

Are there any other possible solutions that I've overlooked?

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Leonidas
I'm not willing to spend the extra money just to load roms, I think that is pointless. Thanks for the suggestion though

@jak larnak
I've read that, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I put my roms in the root, I put the loader in the extlink folder and start up moonshell. When I go to load a rom it simply hangs at a black screen. I doubt I'm doing anything wrong because it is a very simply setup.

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if i'm not mistaken, normmatt said that it only work with AKAIO 1.4x loader, didn't work with AKAIO 1.5

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I want to live in a world where you can take the akaio loader right out of the of __aio/loaders folder and use it in moonshell, but I doubt that can happen.

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there ya go, unless he updates it to work on 1.5 or releases the source code for someone else to update it then its not going to work

i'm assuming there are no other solutions besides the 2 i mentioned all the way at the top

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm an idiot here, but *why* do you want to load commercial roms with moonshell, anyway? Does moonshell have some extra feature over akaio ?
You can reboot the acekard menu through moonshell by just running the menu file.

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i'm using moonshell as a "default" os (i say default because akaio autoloads moonshel) because i usually plug my dsi into my car's auxiliary port and play music through it, basically using it as an mp3 player, so its easier to just go straight to the songs then open moonshell then the songs.

Plus I like the interface, the memo function, ability to play vids, etc. Since I do all that and run a lot of apps on there its easier for me just to load everything through moonshell. I have no problem exiting moonshell and going into akaio to load the roms, but being able to boot them right from moonshell would make life a bit easier

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/