Monsters vs Aliens not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by martinezgene, Mar 29, 2009.

1. martinezgene
    OP

martinezgene GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    chicago
    I burn't Monsters vs Aliens in nstc version. I have V3.2U with the dc2key chip and it will not work. I did the updates for Madworld and MLb2K9 and they work. I also tried on my friends wii with the softmii v2.1.1. The only way it will work is thru the gecko os channel. Is there something I need to do to get it to work with softmii or with my chip. Here is the error message I get thru softmii "The Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii Operations manual for more information"

2. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    Try burning at a slower speed. Try x4 or x2.4

3. martinezgene
    OP

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    chicago

I burn't at x4. It will work thru the gecko os but not with my chip or softmii I am wondering if there is something I need to install

4. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    I have not idea. Perhaps it is a bad copy of the game. Try downloading it and burning it again. At least you have the ability to play it.

5. martinezgene
    OP

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    chicago

thanks for you help.
    I finally got it to work. I went back and read that the source I dl from had patched the ios to 32 so I patched back to 33 and now the games loads thru the disc channel.

6. cooltech

cooltech Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    [/quote]
    i am a noob , where do i find this ios 33, as i have the same problem, i am using ver 3.2u