Monster Hunter 3 question

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sjaz, Jun 12, 2010.

Jun 12, 2010

Monster Hunter 3 question by Sjaz at 12:08 PM (887 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Sjaz
    OP

Newcomer Sjaz Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Hai lads,

I bought Monster Hunter 3 a little while ago and I'm enjoying it a lot. Played the game for about 90 hours already, so you can tell I'm a bit addicted to the game. [​IMG]

However, after all this time, there is one thing I don't like: the single-player. I think 80 hours of those 90 went into online mode, because I just don't like playing solo. But I do want to complete the single-player. With a little help. I've searched around youtube and found some videos about hacks in Monster Hunter 3, like unlimited HP. Those would be really helpful for me. There's only one thing I'm worried about: will Capcom ban you in the online mode, if you've cheated in the single-player mode? That's the least I want to happen. So my question is: will offline cheating (like using unlimited HP) result in a ban if you play online?

I'm really sorry if this question has been asked before, but I did some searching and I couldn't find any topics regarding this question... anyways, if I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

Thank you in advance!

2. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    yes capcom will ban you if they detect modified files, best option is dont cheat, its a great game

3. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    If your Modified save file is detected yes it will be banned, whether you used the cheats online or offline it doesn't matter if you go online after finishing your offline stuff it's still the same save file, the same items/equipment e.c.t. so you will be banned.
    The only suggestion I have for your offline game is to make a new save and play the offline on that with the cheats and NEVER go online with that save, that's your only solution.

4. TheViolentOne

Member TheViolentOne GBAtemp Regular

Turkey
    Agreed.I have a wii and I must admit I dont feel like cheating when I play wii but cant say the same for ds.and monster hunter tri's specialty is to try try and try until you achieve victory [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Are you sure? I've cheated for offline (infinite stamina, fast run speed, and basically anything that hastens the gameplay without deconstructing the goal of the game) because I have the same intention. I don't like playing single player so I just breeze through the quests really quickly with cheats. Most of my time playing the game is because of online multiplayer (where I don't cheat). I haven't touched it for a while because I've been busy with summer. I think you should be fine as long as you don't use cheats online or have certain items that you can't even get yet such as event items that haven't even happened.

I clocked in quite a bit of time too. I'm almost HR 30 online. I gotta pick up MH3 again when I finish with my real life stuff.