Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I have a gamecube.

I want to mod it. The requirements for the mod are:

a) absolutely no case modding / streaming
b) I have MiniDVDs, but I'd prefer not using them
c) I don't mind fiddling around with files on a computer or memory cards, and I have enough SD memory cards. Really.
d) I can handle hardware modifications fine
e) I want to play backups and homebrew and games from any region

So, anyone know a reliable store for a modchip, a way to softmod it with a minimum of extra hardware, a way to boot up games from a SD adapter etcetera?

The reliable store with products in stock is the thing really stopping me. I really like DX but it doesn't look like they have any fitting products.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you prefer not to use that mini-dvds, and not want to case-mod, you can try using sd-boot with a sd gecko
smile.gif

Taza

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I've seen such things, but I have no idea where to get the parts. Nor how to actually do it, but I'm sure that part I can figure out.

Smatchmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GCs ARE insanely cheap now, and that's a good thing coz you might have to go through more than one to figure out how to mod 'em.

i've tried hard-modding (w/ xeno chip) & i tried soft modding (w/ one of those sd media launcher thingies) but i haven't had any luck so far.
keep in mind that i can often be a very intellectually lazy person tho, so your results may vary.

it sounds like soft modding with an sd media launcher is the way for you. good luck with it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.