Modding GameCube

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Taza, Mar 12, 2009.

Mar 12, 2009

Modding GameCube by Taza at 6:02 PM (950 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Taza
    OP

Member Taza GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    I have a gamecube.

I want to mod it. The requirements for the mod are:

a) absolutely no case modding / streaming
    b) I have MiniDVDs, but I'd prefer not using them
    c) I don't mind fiddling around with files on a computer or memory cards, and I have enough SD memory cards. Really.
    d) I can handle hardware modifications fine
    e) I want to play backups and homebrew and games from any region

So, anyone know a reliable store for a modchip, a way to softmod it with a minimum of extra hardware, a way to boot up games from a SD adapter etcetera?

The reliable store with products in stock is the thing really stopping me. I really like DX but it doesn't look like they have any fitting products.

2. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    if you prefer not to use that mini-dvds, and not want to case-mod, you can try using sd-boot with a sd gecko [​IMG]

3. Taza
    OP

Member Taza GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    I've seen such things, but I have no idea where to get the parts. Nor how to actually do it, but I'm sure that part I can figure out.

4. Devil May Cry

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wait, the Gamecube can be modded outside of case-modding? Now I'm interested. Gamecubes are insanely cheap

5. Smatchmo

Member Smatchmo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    GCs ARE insanely cheap now, and that's a good thing coz you might have to go through more than one to figure out how to mod 'em.

i've tried hard-modding (w/ xeno chip) & i tried soft modding (w/ one of those sd media launcher thingies) but i haven't had any luck so far.
    keep in mind that i can often be a very intellectually lazy person tho, so your results may vary.

it sounds like soft modding with an sd media launcher is the way for you. good luck with it. [​IMG]