Modding GameCube

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Taza, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Taza
    OP

Taza GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    Finland
    I have a gamecube.

I want to mod it. The requirements for the mod are:

a) absolutely no case modding / streaming
    b) I have MiniDVDs, but I'd prefer not using them
    c) I don't mind fiddling around with files on a computer or memory cards, and I have enough SD memory cards. Really.
    d) I can handle hardware modifications fine
    e) I want to play backups and homebrew and games from any region

So, anyone know a reliable store for a modchip, a way to softmod it with a minimum of extra hardware, a way to boot up games from a SD adapter etcetera?

The reliable store with products in stock is the thing really stopping me. I really like DX but it doesn't look like they have any fitting products.

2. ddp127

ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    if you prefer not to use that mini-dvds, and not want to case-mod, you can try using sd-boot with a sd gecko [​IMG]

3. Taza
    OP

Taza GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    Finland
    I've seen such things, but I have no idea where to get the parts. Nor how to actually do it, but I'm sure that part I can figure out.

4. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

May 14, 2008
    United States
    Wait, the Gamecube can be modded outside of case-modding? Now I'm interested. Gamecubes are insanely cheap

5. Smatchmo

Smatchmo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2008
    United States
    south Mississippi
    GCs ARE insanely cheap now, and that's a good thing coz you might have to go through more than one to figure out how to mod 'em.

i've tried hard-modding (w/ xeno chip) & i tried soft modding (w/ one of those sd media launcher thingies) but i haven't had any luck so far.
    keep in mind that i can often be a very intellectually lazy person tho, so your results may vary.

it sounds like soft modding with an sd media launcher is the way for you. good luck with it. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice