Homebrew MMOs Capability on the DS

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Morgawr said:
That's why I requested a more detailed description to the DS limitations regarding this matter. I did search and read some other threads but most of them were just people saying "lol I wan make a mmorpg, pls hao do i do it? plssss" and crap like that where only a few posts pointed to a vague explanations of the DS limitation.

Before complaining on a topic, try to read it and see that this topic isn't full of idiots bawwing but I just wanted to see in detail the different limitations the DS has to face when programming a videogame. Thanks and have a good day.

In that case, sorry. MMO threads tend to get on my nerves.
As for the limitations, they have been brought up in previous threads, but if you think that's vague, I hope you'll get a better explanation this time round.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
some MMO do exist but theyre not rpgs. its like GunZ: The Duel, you join a channel and start a fight.
a excelent example is legion online [although nobody plays it]

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
oh yer, BTW, some MMORPGs dont even run at a playable speed on some computers. take runescape for example. it doesnt need alot of system requirements but it still lags on one of my pcs.
sry for double post

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's online(4 players max), not an MMO. Besides, if you have the time to play an online-only game, just do it on the computer

sconethief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, what about updates? All MMO's have updates every so often, How would the DS handle that? If it was official that is..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night