MLlib V. 1.0

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Tempbot, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008

MLlib V. 1.0 by Tempbot at 3:03 AM (1,758 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Tempbot
    OP

Contributor Tempbot Tunnel Snakes rule

pip
    United Kingdom
    A lot of people think the DS touch screen simple isn't capable of Multi-touch input (2 styli pressed and moved at the same time). MLlib proves that Multi touch is possible on the DS. Hillbilly's lib is based off Felix's original code. The download comes with a small drum demo example to show proof of multiple touch input on the DS.

I finally finished my library based on Felix's code (http://blog.dev-scene.com/felix/2007/06/10/multitouch-demo/) and thought to release it with one demo in it. (I'll keep the photo demo to myself for now..). The demo is a little drumming application. Pretty simple but it still has some bugs. Please post back about any findings regarding this library. All hail the Nintendo DS and PAlib!

Thanks

Credit - Triforce

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Download From HERE
    [​IMG] Source

News contributed by VISHI SO FISHI

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    nice! so homebrewers can figure this out, but retail companies can't...? fail (or they don't want to [​IMG])

3. mrSmiles

Member mrSmiles mrSmiles {^_^}

Canada
    im sure they could if they wanted to but i dont see the point of it for commercial use/retail games, for homebrew it definitely opens up possibilities

4. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Not especially interesting. The DS hardware is still limited to touching one thing on screen at a time. It's possible to guess that two things are touching the screen, but where the screen is being touched still can't be detected. If this homebrew somehow did multiple X/Y touch detection, I'd be impressed, but this is nothing special.

EDIT: Besides which, this is a year and a half old.

5. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    It looks pretty nice, but I don't think this is really multitouch. When you use multiple styli, the DS will recognize the touch between them. A drum demo would be pretty easy to realize, but it's much harder to actually use it for other things.

Video:

6. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    fixed

7. Triforce

Member Triforce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Why has my post been completely copy pasted including the logo i whipped up for it, and yet theres no source link back to my site? Not even a mention of where the op copy pasted this news from [​IMG]

8. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    Because it was contributed by VISHI SO FISHI.

9. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I'm sorry Triforce for this, VISHI has been warned, and I'll get someone to edit OP and give you credit!

10. Noitora

Greece
    Also please fix this nonsense:People Thougth u couldnt but u CAN!

11. CorruptedAngel

Member CorruptedAngel GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    mmmm... I think the screen in the ds must be able to detect multiple touches... or it would just go by the last touch when you did multiple touches on it, not take an average and go in the middle. It cant go in the middle if it cant tell where the too points are at the same time. but since developers dont use the multitouch, then mabey nintendo have a piece of hardware in there that coverts the two touches into 1, and this homebrew bypasses that piece of hardware to allow both touches to be recognised... mabey?

EDIT: tryed it out now, now i feel conned, its working entirely on pressure, if the pressure is high it presumes theres 2 touches. if not theres one. a clever trick, but NOT multitouch sensitivity

12. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    it is a resistive voltage divider. Its operation can be described as measuring the distance of the touch from each corner (or side). This gives information about the "center of touch", which provides the position, and the size of the area touched, which is used to determine pressure or whether there are one or two inputs.
    I used this form of "multi-touch" in Colors once to calibrate high pressure to extreme levels.

13. hillbilly

Newcomer hillbilly Member

United States
    Triforce! That logo! It's amazing! Nice! Anyway, yes this lib doesn't get both stylus's positions but it can estimate it (although definately not so reliable either...)
    I had bigger things in my mind, though, when I created it. I wanted to use it for photo manipulation just like the iPhone does. This is a video of the photo demo in action : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPG30ARb3uw

BTW : Triforce, I registered here just because I wanted to reply on that nice logo! [​IMG]

14. VISHI SO FISHI

Member VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

India
    Oh yes triforce i am very sorry mate, i had it in mind to write down your name and DS-Scenes, but then i forgot to write it!, i wrote them when i submited other news before but sorry i forgot this time..

Sorry

I cant beleive i got a 10% warning just for a little mistake of forgetting to give credit....And my name was completley takin off too, even though i submited it in GBatemp..well this just discourages me to post any news ...

15. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    see other posts in the user submitted section. Barely anybody posts their name on it, because that seems to give credit to himself.
    A source of where you got that information is very important. Look at the other user submitted posts once more, and you'll see that some people uses quotes, and some people gives direct links to the site.
    Learn before you post.

You don't post a news and gain fame.
    That's not what a post is for.
    Look at granville. He contributes a LOT of news, but he never gets praised.
    Don't think people will love you just because you posted something.

16. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Check psycoblasters post, he's right in every way..

I credited your name back, check the OP....but I still stand by my decision, as you actually only copied someones work....You didn't even bother to make your own post, but copied everything from another forum.....We don't need news that are old and stolen from other forums, you know?

You keep posting news, but put some effort in it, don't just copy, and expect praise..

17. VISHI SO FISHI

Member VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

India
    Oh ok guys, sorry aoubt tahat, i only post news when i am free and bored , not to get fame lol ,between people i dont even know!.lol

anyway thanks and yes i will not copy and paste

18. Noitora

Greece
    If you are a nice guy the moderatos will remove your warn.
    Even though I've been having mine since Sep 9.
    But you should keep in mind that someone actually spent time writing the news you copy/pasted and they deserve just some credit.