MK8 Character Icons?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by SuperDaStar, Sep 27, 2016.

1. SuperDaStar
    OP

SuperDaStar Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Canada
    AB, Canada
    Hey! First post on here. I want to do a character icon swap in the selection screen for Rosalina but I can't find the .bflim for her icon. I've tried everything, including carefully watching the Cafiine server as the game loaded. I've converted and looked at all of the files and every .bflim and none of them are her race/selection screen icons! Please help! I just need to know where to find the files. Thanks!!

2. Harmonia

Harmonia GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2015
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    content/ui/cmn/a_menu/timg is my best guess

edit: wow they actually aren't in there. might be in one of the szs files in ui/cmn

Last edited by Harmonia, Sep 27, 2016
  3. SuperDaStar
    OP

SuperDaStar Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Canada
    AB, Canada
    I've extracted Rosetta.szs and extracted the .bfres it gave me. Wasn't anything besides the usual textures.

4. Harmonia

Harmonia GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2015
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    I meant like, Menu.szs or something. One of the ones in ui/cmn. I don't think they can be extracted though cuz when I try it I get nothing.

5. Rudelof

Rudelof Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    United States
    Well, content/ui/cmn/a_menu/timg is essentially just the vehicle parts on the menu. For instance, the K in the beginning of those files stands for kart. The B stands for bike, and the atv stands for ATV. I'll try to further explain this when I get home. :)

6. victormr21

victormr21 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2015
    I think is too late but..
    They are in vol/content/ui/cmn/compeIcon/
    Buy all they are tga files (this is the reason why you didn't see them in Cafiine) it seems like Cafiine don't repack specific files, only compressed so you can't change it with it
    I think the only way is that install MK8 on digital version and replace the files with FTPiiU Everywhere permanently
    I'm telling this because I tried to change Bowser's icon and I couldn't do it.
    Bye!
    PS, you are the best, I hope a lot your tool xD