Mini Amiga

ital

OP
Trophies
XP
eXGl88r.jpg

Teaser but we all recognize that shape. Will be interesting to see what they crank out as this, if handled properly, could be a huge mini in both senses of the word. Interested to see what they punt out next year. Anyone got a C64 Mini? If so can you comment on its emulation, quality of life mods, filters etc.. so we know what to expect from this one.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mini consoles seldom hold any interest (why would I would I can get a raspberry pi or old laptop and shove it on a TV instead with 50x less hassle and 50x better features?) unless they are going to be a complete toy like the no ancient atari things that were self contained in a joystick.

A well executed amiga would be something I am actually interested in. I doubt it will be what I want though.

ital

OP
Trophies
XP
See I'm on the other end of the scale, I find the RPI too much hassle for what it is as its a jack of all trades, master of none and its emulation quality is a bit pish due to the baked in lag the architecture brings. Then you've got to consider a controller, case etc.. and it all costs in time as well as money.

The PSC is a far better alternative for everything upto arcade and actually has decent controllers, quick booting and way less faff as its pretty much plug and play for £30.

The SNES Mini aced it out of all of them in every respect but a properly done Amiga would be worth checking out but I'd much prefer a Dreamcast Mini, even if it were slightly expensive and had digitally delivered games as we've seen it can be emulated nicely with a Shield TV.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noooo! I am done with just NES Mini Classic and SNES Mini Classics. They are only the best consoles ever when I was kid and still today. That's about it! I am done. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://i.imgur.com/miOR2fi.jpeg