Gaming Minecraft is lagging for some reason

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think the forest really was the problem.
I've created a new world, I didn't spawn in a forest, and the game is fine now.
Thats really strange. I wonder why the server would lag in a forest, none of the recent updates to the game versions would add any tick operations to be performed in a forest specifically. One of my few guesses would be that you have "advanced OpenGL" turned on in conjunction with fancy graphics, which causes the cpu to calculate occlusion culling in order to reduce load on GPU, but in a forest leave blocks are transparent, causing many many calculations killing your processor.

As another side factor of this, optifine breaks compatibility with a lot of mods, including forge itself last I checked. Something in there could have also managed to break a cpu task for the client render and overloaded it.

Try finding a forest in the new world you have created and see if you can repeat the problem. It may have just been the world gen screwed up somehow, but I doubt it. I would like to know personally what your CPU usage is during "smooth play" and during that server lag. I would be willing to hazard a guess that the CPU spikes in that laggy forest.

Then again, an alternative to prevent something like this from happening in the future would be to host the server on a desktop tower if you have one and forward a port to access it remotely. A couple dozen ping time is more than a fair price to pay for diagnosing these issues now that minecraft runs its own local server that afaik you can't get a log of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...