Hacking MiiWii

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NO PASSWORD REQUESTS, please! I will not respond to them.
Just read the text attentively to get it. Otherwise you should not mod you Wii.

Attention!
Some future-changes:
As I noticed, the MiiWii-Package has been downloaded much more than the manual.
Guys... please read the manual to avoid bricks! Without it, the risk to brick your Wii is much higher.
So... I decided to put the password for the package into the manual from now.
You will notice it if you read the manual.

Be nice and don't share the installation password.

Notice that you need the password to open the manual.

Changelog:

- Mad World Crash fix (PAL tested)
- NTSC version included
- Multi SD Card Installer for PAL / NTSC
- Some CIOSCORPv2 fixes
- Offline Down- / Upgrading to 3.2 (E/U) including Twilight Hack
- New sections in manual
- DVDx / CIOSCORPv2 fix

Downloads:

[Manual] [Mirror]
[MiiWii Package] [Mirror]

Would be nice if some more people will try offline downgrading for feedback. You need the password to open the manual.

Some hints:
- Manual is not yet completed, but should work well (NTSC games on PAL for example, speech check... so on)
- New GameCube Loader will be included in the next days (sorry, my time is running)
- For those who are on PAL with a NTSC compatible TV without RGB cable: You can change the video mode in ARC to NTSC (AND JUST THE VIDEO MODE, NOTHING ELSE!) to get all NTSC games working. This is a temporary workaround (works for "No More Heroes" for example).

Please note: This package comes with NTSC support, but my Wii is on PAL. So... if something does not work as it should, I will work on it.

Just a few vids in poor quality to show tested stuff:

SSBB PAL 1:1 DL Copy Intro (without break errors) | Mad World PAL Copy (without break errors)
|

No More Heroes Original Disc on PAL Wii | Deadly Creatures Copy
|

-----

MiiWii PreRelease v0.5b (PAL)

Changelog
- BugFix: Bootscreen dumps code if you push RESET or POWER
- BugFix: 001 / 002 Error for IOS33
- BugFix: 001 / 002 Error for IOS35
- BugFix: 001 / 002 Error for IOS55
- BugFix: Blackscreen on some games

Download

1. [Manual]
Since there are some changes in the system files, please follow the guide starting PreInstaller step by step.

2. [MiiWii-Package]
For Password please read this thread attentively.

Hints
If you are on MiiWii Package 0.4b, please use the automatic installer for SD-Card copying.
If not, you have to remove the miiwii\maininstall folder manually or format your SD-Card!! That is important.
You have to hold RESET-Button when you turn on your Wii to run Preloader and reinstall your Preloader settings!

-----

MiiWii PreRelease v0.4b (PAL)

- Updated to cIOS Rev08
- Updated to CIOSCORP v2
- Manual updated
- Wii Multigame Support
- Increase cache-size to reduce laser working for faster loading
- Bugfix: DL Layerbreak Error (SSBB)
- Bugfix: 001 Error without additional cIOS
- Bugfix: 002 Error without additional cIOS

Download

1. [Manual]
Whoow... this work is demanding - I'm going to drink some Water.

2. [MiiWii]
Okay, it's time for Launch now.

Hints
If you are on MiiWii Package 0.3b, please use the automatic installer fro SD-Card copying.
If not, you have to remove the miiwii\maininstall folder manually!! That is important.

-----

MiiWii Package PreRelease v0.3b (PAL)

- First official version
- Manual translated to English (Has to be updated on some sections)
- Reduced package size for about 50%

Todo

- Complete UnInstaller (80% finished)
- Add Downgrade-Manual as an optonal section
- Remove bugs
- Complete NTSC version (next days)

Bugs

- Preloader 0.28 / CrazyIntro dumps code if you press RESET or POWER during boot up (Without byeffects)
- Preloader 0.28 Spinning-Disc-Bug. Please remove your disc when you not use your Wii.
- Need SD-Card to load completely (fixed with the next update)

Hints

This version is PAL only!
You can get it in german and english. You need a Wii with 3.2(E) for now (fixed with the next Version) and a installed Homebrew Channel.
German version is supported and updated exclusively at wii-homebrew.com, english version at gbatemp.net.
If you download this package at another location, this is not trusted and may contain errors that maybe brick your Wii.

Feedback would be nice for the manual.
Did you understand everything? Is it detailed enough... so on.

Thx for patience!

Download

1. [Manual PAL EN] Updated: 2008-03-03 11:46pm
Before you start, get a cold Pepsi and relax.

2. [MiiWii Package PAL EN]
If you drunk your Pepsi, you maybe want to eat some Sandwich?

rgd97aw6.jpg

|

Not included

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ooookaaayyy... tell us of a project, give a ?splash screen?, then just tell us to fuck off and wait...

any details???

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will give more details if that thing works like I want to.

There are some guys here, who helped me with their hints, coding talents and so on.

Take this:
WiiMii is based on that stuff, cIOSCORP called and other people hacks but will never be exploding like other projects based on it.
It will be as easy as possible and comes just with the stuff, that is needed to do the following:

- Backup Discs in Disc Channel (Wii and Gamecube)
- Region Free (but just at lower priority)
- Brick-Protection w/o Mod-Chip
- REALLY easy installing (with the lowest risk as possible)
- Some other things (like uninstall)

No credits stuff. No more stuff than needed. Full transparency.

Why did I?
I'm just a normal Wii-User as so most of people who want to do some more things with the Wii as BigN give us.
But(!) I'm not a hardcore-developer, I'm not a "crack" and so I make this for all those who are thinking in a similar way.
Hope you understand what I want to tell...

Okay... that's it for now. More in the next days. Please excuse my bad english, I'm tired.

---
Edit:
"No credits" means, that I will not put in any credit for ME, my Name or something I did not develop! All of the credits from the used hacks inside will be in.

oli123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey thanks man, exactly what i need, i don't need all that fancy stuff that comes with softmii, i just want all the basic wii hacking stuff
really looking forward to the release!
smile.gif

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think so.
For ME it's needed.

I don't want to think like "Uhm... what is this for? Do I need it? How runs it? And why? And what is wad01.wad?"

I want to go for those things I wrote above and no more, but nor less!
And everyone who does NOT want to use it... Okay.
This (Mini-)Mod will not be the ultimate of the ultimate. It will have the stuff included what is necessary to work. And that's it.

For the lowest risk as possible.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
That coding talent didn't help you because you want to create a guide and give it a bollocks name like xMii, yMii, zMii...

Just don't name the simple guides with big names like xMii, yMii, zMii...

If you have design talent... then distribute your designs... name them whatever

If you have coding talent... then distribute your code... name them whatever

If you have talent in preparing guides just tuck your name before the guide name and don't create big names like cioscorp, softmii whatever...

These days, I'm getting more on more sick of gbatemp now just because of this...

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
That coding talent didn't help you because you want to create a guide and give it a bollocks name like xMii, yMii, zMii...

If you have talent in preparing guides just tuck your name before the guide name and don't create big names like cioscorp, softmii whatever...

These days, I'm getting more on more sick of gbatemp now just because of this...
Exactly what I said earlier.

CIOSCORP and SoftMii shouldn't really be names. Like "I'm running CIOSCORP."
Sure, it's easier for n00bs than saying "I've patched all my IOSes to IOS249." but CIOSCORP isn't a project.

It's someone with a WAD IOS Changer that downloaded a IOS pack and wondered what would happen if they patched them all to 249.

SoftMii is just more of the same.

It reminds me so much of HomebreWare.

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiCrazy said:

QUOTE(Arm the Homeless @ Jan 31 2009, 02:47 PM) Exactly what I said earlier.

CIOSCORP and SoftMii shouldn't really be names. Like "I'm running CIOSCORP."
Sure, it's easier for n00bs than saying "I've patched all my IOSes to IOS249." but CIOSCORP isn't a project.

It's someone with a WAD IOS Changer that downloaded a IOS pack and wondered what would happen if they patched them all to 249.

SoftMii is just more of the same.

It reminds me so much of HomebreWare.

And THAT is EXACTLY(!) what I'm thinking about!

More and more stuff becomes to explode brains and the REAL point is going to be forgotten.
And EVERYBODY can title his stuff as he want. I(!) named it MiiWii (as similar to "MyWii" but MiiWii looks better
smile.gif
), cause I don't want to suggest names like "mod", "softmod" and so on. I create it for my needs and will repack the stuff I needed to change my Wii to do things I wanted to.

As I said: No credits, no more than needed. I never said to any friend "Hey, I got cIOSCORP". I say things like "My Wii can handle my backup discs and NTSC."

That's what I want.

But for working with stuff, a name is easier to handle and explain.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
D-Jay said:
And THAT is EXACTLY(!) what I'm thinking about!

More and more stuff becomes to explode brains and the REAL point is going to be forgotten.
And EVERYBODY can title his stuff as he want. I(!) named it MiiWii (as similar to "MyWii" but MiiWii looks better
smile.gif
), cause I don't want to suggest names like "mod", "softmod" and so on. I create it for my needs and will repack the stuff I needed to change my Wii to do things I wanted to.

As I said: No credits, no more than needed. I never said to any friend "Hey, I got cIOSCORP". I say things like "My Wii can handle my backup discs and NTSC."

That's what I want.

But for working with stuff, a name is easier to handle and explain.

Yes everybody can title his stuff provided that he/she has the complete work done for all the things in that stuff... in your case it isn't... in lots of cases here it isn't...

When I was naming my initial intro application I choosed the name "poc launcher"... means either piece of crap launcher or proof of concept launcher...

When I ported the segher's code to windows I named it FE100... it's just Front End for 80 (tachtig) + 20 (twintig)...

When I did a menu patcher I named it CrazyMenu... not because the app was crazy... just because my nick here in the wii world was wiicrazy... because it was still utter crap, just a modified version of comex's sadmenu..

When I did a menu patcher extending raven's menu loader I just carried the name... just added a readme and told there the differences...

The latest utter crap I developed now is the custom intro stuff.. I named it CrazyIntro... guess why? I can't name it like xmii, ymii,fufmii... because in the end it's just a simple stuff... any homebrew coder out there can make it better... it would just make me stupid if I did give it a big name...

So be humble in your creations and let other people call it with big names... if they are big after all...

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
WiiCrazy said:

seconded,
as I said before, it's like teens wanting their own moment of fame and playing grownup hackerz with some easy-to-use toys (preloader,wad installer, cios) they were given to
I've no problem with that unless it starts to becomes the standard type of application here, which seems now the case on gbatemp

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Better not take this to far off topic fellas. It's a worthwhile and interesting discussion, but i think it's better to make a seperate topic or a blog post about it
smile.gif
Thanks.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's always been a problem on here that people change one or two lines of code, or an image and all of the sudden it's "their hack". I remember back when it all started and people were excited about a release because it was new and cool. Did something different and 'useful' now it seems like we get all the same rehashed crap by people who just want two minutes of fame. If you are making this for yourself as you say, then keep it private, but you're not. So don't feed people a hotdog and call it kosher when its just the leftover ass of a cow.

And just a friendly reminder that if you use other peoples projects or 'ideas' you need to add credits to the readme atleast or a seperate file called credits otherwise you'll be in violation of some CC licenses. Plus it will look like you are attempting to steal other peoples work for your own. Both of which will not make you a very liked person.

As for your project, I hope it goes well for you and a video would be nice to see all the stuff you have modified. The menu is a nice idea for people who don't wanna hold down a button to boot homebrew.

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiCrazy said:
So be humble in your creations and let other people call it with big names... if they are big after all...

I AM! You don't really understand what I wrote. Or I just wrote it ambiguous. Don't know.

Whatever. Close this thread, I will take it for my own. I did NOT want to annoy somebody, I NEVER took credits from anybody's work and will never do so.
And I'm wondering why poeple can write an opinion about stuff that was never presented.

MiiWii is JUST a fu**ing name for a collection of hacks that I use to realize things I want to do with my Wii. Cool down, I'm not a bad guy.
Why do you all think, I wrote, that I am NOT a developer, just a normal Wii-User?

Sorry...

DonDenito

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nIxx said:
It seems since a few days that everybody programming the same (dangerous stuff)
wink.gif

And in my opinion there is no need for another one.
disagree!

QUOTE(oli123 @ Jan 31 2009, 02:08 PM) hey thanks man, exactly what i need, i don't need all that fancy stuff that comes with softmii, i just want all the basic wii hacking stuff
really looking forward to the release!
smile.gif
agree!

D-Jay i wish you good luck and all the best; i'll be waiting for your project to finish!
smile.gif

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to make you into a bad guy, I was simply saying the developers of those hacks will be upset if you don't add credits (like you said you weren't going to do) even if you don't take credit yourself, it will look like you are trying to. I don't know why Crazy got so mad over you naming your collection MiiWii, it's just a name after all. You could name it Bob's Fun Collection and somebody would be upset. You're not going to please everyone and that's something that a dev or packer needs to get used to, there is always going to be someone who doesn't like what you are doing. Don't let it discourage you from doing your own thing, but follow sound advice no matter what form it comes in. Renaming it isn't good advice, because after all, it has to be called something to reference it over of a different collection. But if you are making a collection of hacks (like you said) then add a credits file so the developers of those hacks get the credit they deserve also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: