MiiWii Compatability

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by leondmsmith, Mar 21, 2009.

Mar 21, 2009

MiiWii Compatability by leondmsmith at 5:05 PM (2,980 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. leondmsmith
    OP

Member leondmsmith GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have just done my Wii using the MiiWii guide and am quite impressed however having a large number of backup games, i am now checking and finding that quite a few 10/80 are coimg up with "An Error has occured, please reboot". Do you think this is just a bad burn as they still work in Gamma 002 fix loader?

If anyones interested i can put the compatable / uncompatable list here.

Cheers

Leon

2. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    The compatibility has nothing to do with MiiWii.

It's just another packaged guide.

What you're looking for is CIOSCORP.

3. leondmsmith
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the speedy reply, however i asked if anyone else would be interested in a compatability guide or if people would know whether i had bad burns as they worked through gamma.

I suspected that it was the CIOSCORP that was the issue already as the games run fine in Gamma.

4. kimikal27

Member kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Ireland
    so the compatibility guide that you want as noting to do with miiwii.
    you want a CIOSCORP compatibility list

5. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    well I had working with Gamma Launcher like 60 backups, and now that I added the entire softmii package guess what..??

exactly they all still work as if the launcher is being used, so I don't get why you can't run then straight from the disc channel without having that error displayed, maybe a disc cleaning can help..!! [​IMG]

6. leondmsmith
    OP

United Kingdom
    Fine, fine, i will rename it to CIOSCORP compatability list if people are wanting it, just thought it would be easier for some people as they probably think they have MiiWii installed rather than a package of different apps. I checked 120 games and 10 wouldnt work, but would play in GAMMA 002 fix they are:

Smack Down VS Raw 2009 PAL
    Family Ski PAL
    Family Ski and Snowboard PAL
    Sim City Creator PAL
    Force Unleashed PAL
    Boom Blox PAL
    My Sims Party PAL
    Safecracker PAL
    Quantum Of Solace PAL
    Call Of Duty 5 PAL

If anyone has any of these working please let me know or update if they have any others that wont load through disc channel (CIOSCORP/MIIWIII/SOFTMII) Styles

Thanks

Leon

7. feidhlim1986

Member feidhlim1986 GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    I have Boom Blox PAL working fine on PAL Wii using MiiWii v0.3b I think

8. kimikal27

Member kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Ireland
    i was just saying that MiiWii is not a system or program or any thing like that, it's a pack of several things that includes CIOSCORP which is what runs the backups in the disk channel

9. magic12

Member magic12 GBAtemp Regular

Croatia

ok, here is the update 4 you:
    all this games working for me.

10. getrehl

Newcomer getrehl Advanced Member

United States
    I realize you are using a PAL Wii with all PAL games listed. I'm using a NTSC Wii on NTSC games. The titles are working for me:
    Smack Down VS Raw 09
    Family Ski
    Family Ski and Snowboard
    Force Unleashed
    Safecracker
    Quantum of Solace
    CoD 5

These all are working fine with cIOS v1 & the revised v2 released with the MiiWii package.

11. AsosaYoung

Member AsosaYoung GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have the new SoftMi, but started with RiskiiMod. Over a hundred back ups 52NTSC/U 40PAL and 8NTSC/J and have never had the 002 error/ games crashing. I have had the black screen and that's from my T.V. not supporting both NTSC and PAL. So if the game does not have the right video support for my Tube it won't work. All the games u have listed except Family Ski I have and work in an NTSC/U Wii.

12. D-Jay

Member D-Jay GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    They're working with "MiiWii" (or CIOSCORP). Notice, that MiiWii comes with a mix of CIOSCORPv1, v2 and some own CIOS patches.
    So, most games should work.

You can use 1:1 copies and Region- or CIOS patched copies.

Decrypted copies do not work at all.

13. leondmsmith
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ah ha, forgive me all, i was using the wrong Wii, the new one with the fresh install of Mii Wii/CIOS CORP played all these games fine, my apologies.

Leads me to wonder why the normal one doesnt though?

Any ideas as to the easiest way to resetting a wii to factory fresh to do a new install of Mii Wii on?

I can still put a list of all compatible games on here i have tested if any one is interested.

Cheers

Leon

14. noir

Newcomer noir Advanced Member

United States
    EDIT:
    Thanks, vettacossx.

15. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    real respectful way to talk to others HE IS NOT the only one having the 002 error issue and everyone's experience is different (people may have different setups) so if you cant really help....why badger the guy? he can ether listen and locate/install Cioscorps or let it go and move on...looking you see it was a simple mistake in consoles....dont treat people you dont know like that..how would you like it if you had a prob and because no one else had it you got flamed? sometimes i wonder about why you guys spend time cursing each other instead of trying to address an issue and move on....

16. D-Jay

Member D-Jay GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Guys... be nice.

We all have the same goal.
    Okay... MOST of us [​IMG]

17. leondmsmith
    OP

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply, does this reset it back to factory fresh, or does it just remove the user channels and save data as the screen quotes

ALL ADDED CHANNELS AND SAVE DATA WILL BE ERASED. ONCE ERASED, IT CAN NEVER BE RECOVERED. DO YOU STILL WANT TO FORMAT?

I am asking does it also remove all hacks, CIOSCORP, PRELOADER, STARFALL so i can do a new install of the Mii Wii Package?

Or is it not like formatting a HD where it erases everything, i am under the impression it wont remove any of the hacks?

18. feidhlim1986

Member feidhlim1986 GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    As far as I Know, if you update to 3.4 and format you will have removed all traces of homebrew/cioscorp/preloader etc

19. leondmsmith
    OP

United Kingdom
    Great thanks i will try that next.

FYI Dont do a format system as the other guy suggests, it resulted in a brick, luckily preloader was installed.

Preloader booted up and then i managed to patch together a rescue SD card, reinstalled SystemMenu-v290 from the mii wii package (pre-install section) which looked like it had clean wiped my Wii, however it didnt.

CIOSCORP was still their as all copied games come up as update discs, upon reinstalling starfall and preloader, the loading error came back.

Hopefully after i upgrade to 3.4 then downgrade everything will work like a clean Wii.

Cheers

Leon

20. noir

Newcomer noir Advanced Member

United States
    A brick? Sheesh. I'm sorry, man. I hadn't heard of a system restore causing a brick before. Good luck with getting it back up.