Microsoft introduces Surface Pro 3: the tablet that can replace your laptop

Which Surface do you own OR/AND plan to get?

• Total voters

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Sure the Surface might be way too expensive for its hardware(still not in Apple level ;) ) however when you use a Surface you will see how amazing it is, show me a laptop which is as light and as powerful and portable as the Surface Pro 3, which also is cheaper, and is as premium. You can't do that, the Surface Pro is more of a really expensive "car" sure you can drive just fine with a cheap Volvo but you would rather get a faster more awesome Ferrari right? Now we all got different opinion and that's great :)

Reactions: gamefan5

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...just found out the poll doesn't allow you to leave all boxes unchecked. Which means there should've been an option of 'neither' or 'none'. From the looks of the replies, I bet that would be the most popular option...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure the Surface might be way too expensive for its hardware(still not in Apple level ;) ) however when you use a Surface you will see how amazing it is, show me a laptop which is as light and as powerful and portable as the Surface Pro 3, which also is cheaper, and is as premium. You can't do that, the Surface Pro is more of a really expensive "car" sure you can drive just fine with a cheap Volvo but you would rather get a faster more awesome Ferrari right? Now we all got different opinion and that's great :)
If they wanted a ferrari then they would get a high end asus rog, not some rinky dink ultra book

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Sorry the "reply" button does not work.

But Linux seriously, it might have been good for servers way back, before people moved over to Windows Servers,
Now Linux is 95% useless.
What's the 5% left you ask? Well when I need to fill someone else hdd Linux is a good option.
Also before you even try to make a comeback, look at the users of Linux not that many, eh? Gosh I wonder why? :P

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

But Linux seriously, it might have been good for servers way back, before people moved over to Windows Servers,
What's the 5% left you ask? Well when I need to fill someone else hdd Linux is a good option.
Also before you even try to make a comeback, look at the users of Linux not that many, eh? Gosh I wonder why? :P
Please god no. Linux is perfectly usable and works just fine for pretty much everything that isn't photoshop or gaming (and even there more things are being ported). It tends to be faster, more stable, safer, more customizable and (obviously) cheaper than Windows. Also, popularity != quality. Thinking something is shit because it's not that widely used just makes your logic shit.

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah, people totally migrated to Win 8 Server.
:rofl:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting stats, not quite sure what overall relevance they have to this (sales are important, not the whole picture though). Likewise if you are going to start claiming Linux is not important in server world you might well get laughed out of the room.

To get back on topic and discussing the high powered tablet PC, did they release any battery tests? "? hours" claims are some of the better "based on a true story" fiction we see these days.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd say subjective marketing has something to do with it. *looks at your poll some more* :rolleyes:

As for your numbers: those citations only take sold hardware into account. Going by server responses, the numbers look different. Take a look for yourself. No, linux isn't exactly crushing windows in this regard, but they're still bigger.
But even then, you may want to reconsider before calling an OS "useless". It's not like mainframes or supercomputers are a thing of the past.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
the only "Surface" I need is the surface where I put my laptop, thanks.
These things can have all the features of a PC and all that, but will always fail on the graphic department, that's a given because good performance equals heat and if you have heat you need a fan and you can't fit a fan on a tablet that flat.
now if they where to make a Tablet PC like before(HP TX1000 and the like) I'll be more interested.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, considering they saw fit to make the stylus for right-hand use only... I question how the design could possibly be better.

Yeah, after I saw that on the Gen 2 I am shunning the whole thing for lack of planning... that and stupid high price.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
well theres are tons of convertible ultrabooks out there so it shouldnt be a problem
there was also the acer w500 a few years back

but none of these have a discrete video card nor a powerful processor, my point is have performance and tablet input at the same time so I can touch the net and play games when bored in the same device. also I dislike to carry extra things, for instance the detachable Ultrabooks leave the keyboards hanging but a foldable Tablet PC just hide it. my actual laptop still has optical drive(which I upgraded to a Bluray writer) and I'll don't like to carry one apart and I couldn't live without it as I have many DVD and now I'm burning Blurays to store my anime. a foldable Tablet PC has optical drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.