ROM Hack MHXX hacking question

sniper_zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing MHXX in jp so I'm not using any patches. Last night I decided to go crazy with the save editors and hacks for mhxx and decided to see how many compound skills I can put in one armor set.

I tried making a charm with +10 to True Bloodlust Soul and True Hellblaze Soul and found that the skills and slots have been disabled.

Then I tried making a work around by jamming several level 3 gems to each slot of my armor pieces even when they normally don't have slots to get around 10+ skills in a single armor set. I then transmogrified them to look the way what I want.

However, the game crashes when I try to look at the hacked armor pieces stats. This was done on a new game so I don't have any registered armor sets yet.

Does MHXX really have hack checks now?

noStriker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yes. Mhxx have hack checks, so only legits talisman values and armor pieces. The only way to have lots of compound skills is using NtrCFW plugin (sorry cant paste link because im at work and in my mobile but its easy to find)

sniper_zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Mhxx have hack checks, so only legits talisman values and armor pieces. The only way to have lots of compound skills is using NtrCFW plugin (sorry cant paste link because im at work and in my mobile but its easy to find)

Thanks for the reply. That's a bit of a bummer. When you say NtrCFW plugin, do you mean the real time cheats?

Then how about generations? Does it have hack checks?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Both Gen and XX have the exact same hack checks, so yes. You can only get broken things if you use NTR cheats (just get them from speedfly.cn and use them with NTR mode-3 (if playing on O3DS, regular NTR otherwise). Charms that go beyond the limits, armors/weapons with more than the appropriate decorations, etc. all trigger the anti-cheat checks. However, the IS a way to bypass that, but it's too complicated and involves programming skills (basically edit internal game files to allow for high skill point charms or even remove the anti-cheat check as a whole). However, the game crashing is because of the memory usage, if you edit too much, the game freezes when you look at the armor or try to equip it and crashes. Same thing happened in 3U (if you only edited 1-2 pieces with beyond the limit decorations it wouldn't crash though). Just use NTR or play fair:P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end