HolyBash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you k ow if ur switch is banned?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I’m hoping someone can help me with with this.

My objective is to get a talisman that’s possible to get in the game but via editing a save file instead of farming with no guarantee of ever getting it. The catch is that I’m wanting to do it without modding my Switch so that I can still play online without fear of being banned. I think this is possible by editing a save file for one of the 3DS versions of this game (would Generations or XX for 3DS work?) and then transferring the edited 3DS game file to my Switch via the save transfer app for this game (I have a 3DS with CFW).

So, is this possible without modding my Switch while avoiding getting banned from online play? If so, would it be as simple as I’ve outlined above or is there more to it?

I appreciate the help in advance!
that's the only way it would be different if they had mhgu for 3ds as well then alot of possibilities are higher. and your switch won't get banned unless you're hacking online and or downloading and playing games that aren't legitimate

so I tried converting my mhxx save file to mhgu and it failed I tried exporting my original save file back onto my registered account and it failed any ideas on what went wrong?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[snip]
Please stop double and triple posting... Edit your post if there are no replies yet.

how do you k ow if ur switch is banned?
you'd get one of a handful of very specific errors whenever you try to do anything online other than update your system's firmware.
so I tried converting my mhxx save file to mhgu and it failed I tried exporting my original save file back onto my registered account and it failed any ideas on what went wrong?
MHXX DLC. that's what went wrong. Also the method of 'converting' you used is likely to blame.

HolyBash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MHXX DLC. that's what went wrong. Also the method of 'converting' you used is likely to blame.[/QUOTE]
so my original save file is permanently corrupted?

yuichan06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've attempted to convert this save file of mine, only to be greeted by an error screen when I attempt to use it in MHGU.

I removed the DLC Palicos and checked it, it still doesn't seem to work. Imported the blank/test save file into MHGU and it boots up normally. Can anyone be so kind to help me with this?

I've attached the original 3DS MHXX save data that I used to convert, if anyone can help me with converting this I'll be so grateful to you!

Attachments

• toswitch2.rar
    376.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by yuichan06,

Jaozee2K12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from my research, you can get banned from cheating during online play. However, if I just wanted to access Homebrew (I can care less about pirating digital games, etc.) on my switch to be able to edit my save file so I can edit a legal talisman instead of farming for it and hoping RNG favors me, will that get my switch banned? It shouldn't get me banned because I'm editing offline and not really cheating in game right?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from my research, you can get banned from cheating during online play. However, if I just wanted to access Homebrew (I can care less about pirating digital games, etc.) on my switch to be able to edit my save file so I can edit a legal talisman instead of farming for it and hoping RNG favors me, will that get my switch banned? It shouldn't get me banned because I'm editing offline and not really cheating in game right?
if you do a lot of save edits/moving edited saves while online there's a good chance you'll get caught. Only making a few [minor] edits and keeping the Switch in airplane mode (disables all wireless connection, but you can turn controller Bluetooth back on to use it docked) unless booting clean is usually overlooked/missed by hack detection.

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there still no way to get access to all the in-game DLCs? I really want to get those special armors and weapons.

Would be great if someone could help.

omega7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Every time that i switch to the palico tab, the palico from the editied file will unequip their support moves when going to the mission, while requip said support move outside of mission is possible, they'll just un equip everytime. The palico doesnt have to be edited for this to occur. Has anyone experience the same problem?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time that i switch to the palico tab, the palico from the editied file will unequip their support moves when going to the mission, while requip said support move outside of mission is possible, they'll just un equip everytime. The palico doesnt have to be edited for this to occur. Has anyone experience the same problem?
its because your cat has illegal skill and/or support action patterns. the RNG values dictate what sets of skills/actions you can have and in what order on the learned lists. The equipped lists can only have skills from the learned lists. This is the game's way of preventing illegal/hacked cats.

in your case specificly, you probably selected unreleased/DLC skills that can only be found on DLC cats (my money is on you picking the DLC Weakness Exploit skill, but there are many other DLC skills you could have picked). Since your cat is not flageed DLC, its treated as illegal.

Last edited by iSharingan,

omega7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
its because your cat has illegal skill and/or support action patterns. the RNG values dictate what sets of skills/actions you can have and in what order on the learned lists. The equipped lists can only have skills from the learned lists. This is the game's way of preventing illegal/hacked cats.

in your case specificly, you probably selected unreleased/DLC skills that can only be found on DLC cats (my money is on you picking the DLC Weakness Exploit skill, but there are many other DLC skills you could have picked). Since your cat is not flageed DLC, its treated as illegal.
Thats what i thought too, but even legit cat get affected too

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And where or how do I get the Zelda Ticket G?
Ok.
You need to
Export your save on switch.
Load in onto your pc and open it with the editor from first post.
Edit your items: add the said ticket.
Save, import save on switch.

Which point are you struggeling with?

Edit:
In the pull down list you can type in the name of the item you are looking for. So you find it quick. I use edizon on switch to export/ import saves.

Attachments

• nx Zelda ticket.png
    nx Zelda ticket.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by bomigoton,
Reactions: fenomeno0chris

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.