Metroid: Other M New Screens + Description!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Feb 24, 2010.

Feb 24, 2010
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Seems weird to find this new stuff on the official Nintendo website, they're usually the last place I look for new stuff.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/of7lc...TalCVd4mAutD4Yq

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also the official website has been updated:
    http://metroid.com/

Seems odd that the next "2D" style Metroid will be on the Wii. I know you can go 3D at times but it looks limited like in Super Paper Mario. Still...can't wait for this.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Oh thank Christ this has 2-D sections. I personally didn't like the first person view of Metroid Prime, and I'm glad they decided to do a lot of 2-D sections in here instead of it just being a minor part of the game.

Now I can say "I'm looking forward to this."

Oh yeah, very pretty.

3. ninchya

Member ninchya GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wish they make a new side scroller metroid for ds , i don't have a wii >.

4. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I'm glad Sakamoto is involved or else I would be very worried about this. Hopefully we'll see some gameplay movies soon.

5. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I think there is too much going on... Metroid was always fundamentally about isolation and exploration and the mystery of Samus`past is something, IMHO, should be very vague. I know: the series has to evolve are many thinking, when they reading something like this. But I say, who doesn`t want exploration or isolation shouldn`t play Metroid!

I`m really not a friend of deep story-telling in a Metroid game and I think MP3:C should be the maximum storytelling-wise. Zelda (TP in this case) I think is a better fit, for deep storytelling, because it fits the setting and mood of the game more, then it does in Metroid. That`s just my opinion but I welcome it, if I`m wrong with other M!

The gameplay however seems to be amazing judging by these screens. It is strange, that some pics show Samus fighting enemies in 2D horizontally but the room seems to continue vertically. Very interesting concept and I hope we`ll get to see a footage in a few hours [​IMG]

6. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    for some reason the 3rd last screen reminds of the animation that was used in beast wars....

7. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

WOW! So you control the game with the Wii remote only? Like Super Paper Mario? FUCKING A!

8. TyrianCubed

Member TyrianCubed Gamer 1989 to present

Italy
    I wish those screen were the real deal...sadly Nintendo made it clear that they're taken at a higher resolution than the game will actually be when it's finished [​IMG]

"screen captures are taken from a version of the game still in development and are provided at a higher resolution than what is available in game."

source Kotaku
    http://kotaku.com/5479442/new-metroid-othe...ne=true&s=i

9. o0ICE0o

Member o0ICE0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Neat... I never played the Prime series, but this looks great.
    Although, a few of those screens have a very Halo: ODST feel to them.
    That may not end up being a bad thing.

10. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Shadow Complex? That's what it looks like to me, which itself was based on Metroid.

11. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Awesome, a must buy game. I dare you guys to pirate this game!!

12. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    How can you say there isn't any isolation? I will use this over used comment: Have you played the game? No. So don't go judging that yet. I understand that you may think she won't be alone and you wont get that feeling from the screenshots and possibly hands on but come on this is like the first 30 minutes. Corruption was the same way. You weren't alone for long in the beginning. Just give it more time.....

and for my comment....I jizzed. Nuff' said.

13. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    I hope this will be cool I would love a new 2d metroid. best in the series was super metroid and the GB version. i hate metroid prime. i want a leaked copy of this, that would be cool. there hasn't been a leak in a long time.

14. chrisman01

Member chrisman01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So it combines the classics with Prime, pretty much? *ascends to heaven*

Also, what's with all the hate on the Prime series? It's my favorite series of all time, next to Zelda [​IMG]

15. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The Prime series is hated mostly by those who don't give it a chance and are blinded by 2D nostalgia. Many people think it's a first person shooter, and that's the only draw to it. It's of course, more of an adventure. But a lot of people can't get over the fact that they think every game in the series should play like Super Metroid. I'm not dissing Super Metroid (it's my favorite Metroid game), but i'm saying that you shouldn't diss prime in comparison to the oldies either. For the record, i've enjoyed Prime 1 a lot, from what little i've played of it. Not gotten too far in it yet, but it's worthy of a chance and very fun.

16. Master Mo

Germany
    I already thought, that there was a little too much story-telling in MP3:C and the little talk about Other M is often about its story and how it lets you explore Samus`past. Like I said: I welcome it, if Other M proves me wrong and what I said was obviously just an assumption based on the first trailer and these new sceens. Still I`m a little worried about these things, because I always thought, that they are a fundamental part of the Metroid-experience.

17. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    +1

I got the Trilogy and I am enjoying it a lot. But I also welcome Other M for my collection. Since Team Ninja is involved in this project, I'm actually hoping for increased difficulty like in Ninja Gaiden 2.

18. Tekkin88

Member Tekkin88 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I find it hilarious how the website is pretty much just a picture right now. But, I am kinda looking forward to this. I don't have much to do with my Wii right now.

19. Master Mo

Germany
    Here is a little hands-on and there is also a video-interview with someone from Nintendo summarizing everything known about the game: Gamespot

Hopefully we`ll get to see footage of the Demo soon...

20. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    More screens:
    http://www.metroid-database.com/index.php?...m&p=screens

Hands on from GoNintendo:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Man I hope he is wrong about the voice acting.