Homebrew RELEASE Metal Gear Solid (Fully Animated Theme Release)

Jbg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
***Metal Gear Solid***
Featuring Codec inspired home screen, Custom menus, Headers and lock screen.
By
NSX
As always sadly animated files can not be shared here so enjoy the Nx theme
2019031817214300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2019031820231500-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2019031820232000-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2019031820232800-CCFA659F4857F96DDA29AFEDB2E166E6.jpg
2019031820233500-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Download
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mJUo_hpZym_sDnxCH6lu26grF3S5dmkt

Reactions: Mothafuckka

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Uhh, I appreciate the effort but wow is this cluttered. I think the last picture is the worst, the Gameboxes are so small and clash so much with your Background art that it's just not appealing anymore.
Maybe it does look better in motion (the back 2 the future one is much nicer imo) but from the still pictures I would give this a pass :/

Boomerams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound unappreciative of all your hard work that I have seen from your great themes posted around, but all the animated themes are really just kind of to busy for my taste. Anyway you would be willing to try something that is more of a simple clean and sexy kind of look? If not, I would appreciate some direction in creating something myself if your willing to help. I have tried creating themes myself, but no clue where to start when including animations.

Either way, appreciate all the hard work you have been doing.

Jbg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound unappreciative of all your hard work that I have seen from your great themes posted around, but all the animated themes are really just kind of to busy for my taste. Anyway you would be willing to try something that is more of a simple clean and sexy kind of look? If not, I would appreciate some direction in creating something myself if your willing to help. I have tried creating themes myself, but no clue where to start when including animations.

Either way, appreciate all the hard work you have been doing.
I’m always available for custom work;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Uhh, I appreciate the effort but wow is this cluttered. I think the last picture is the worst, the Gameboxes are so small and clash so much with your Background art that it's just not appealing anymore.
Maybe it does look better in motion (the back 2 the future one is much nicer imo) but from the still pictures I would give this a pass :/
If it’s not your style I’m always available for custom work;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by Jbg,
Reactions: DerekGeneric831

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhhh ahhh damn I hate all these free themes and I'm gonna let the whole world know about it coz I have so much time on my hands with nothing better to do. How dare you release this theme you worked so hard on. I hate having the option to install this on my switch or not. But screw it, I'm still gonna use coz I'm an MGS fan, but I don't like it at all. Have a great day!

Reactions: Jbg

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Excuse me, what is your problem? I gave valid criticism, nowhere in my post was I either insulting Jbg or his work, nor was I behaving in an entitled way.
Jbg and me even had a conversation where he offered me an individual custom theme and I further explained what I had to criticise about his work.

To Quote the conversation:

Jbg: "Hello sorry your so unhappy with my mgs release please if you’d like anything custom built feel free to reach out ;)"
Me: "Ah no, you missunderstood me, I just wanted to give you general feedback on the theme.
At the moment I don't have a hacked Switch (i have a launch model that I yet have to hack), but thanks anyway for the offer.
Like the others have said, you have, at least for my tastes, "too much going on" in your theme.
A little bit less is sometimes better than adding more cool effects.
For example: The spinning Games in your back2the future Theme? A very nice effect that looks good and quite surely took some time to implement, yet at the same time the spinning makes it harder to quickly "identify" each game (especially with custom Launch Icons for, e.g., RetroArch as a installable NSP).
Keep up the good work though! I am sure there are more than enough users on gbatemp that will enjoy your themes, but they just don't hit my style (i am more a minimalistic guy)."

How rude from me, how do I even dare to criticise someones work!
Realy, people these days...

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, what is your problem? I gave valid criticism, nowhere in my post was I either insulting Jbg or his work, nor was I behaving in an entitled way.
Jbg and me even had a conversation where he offered me an individual custom theme and I further explained what I had to criticise about his work.

To Quote the conversation:

Jbg: "Hello sorry your so unhappy with my mgs release please if you’d like anything custom built feel free to reach out ;)"
Me: "Ah no, you missunderstood me, I just wanted to give you general feedback on the theme.
At the moment I don't have a hacked Switch (i have a launch model that I yet have to hack), but thanks anyway for the offer.
Like the others have said, you have, at least for my tastes, "too much going on" in your theme.
A little bit less is sometimes better than adding more cool effects.
For example: The spinning Games in your back2the future Theme? A very nice effect that looks good and quite surely took some time to implement, yet at the same time the spinning makes it harder to quickly "identify" each game (especially with custom Launch Icons for, e.g., RetroArch as a installable NSP).
Keep up the good work though! I am sure there are more than enough users on gbatemp that will enjoy your themes, but they just don't hit my style (i am more a minimalistic guy)."

How rude from me, how do I even dare to criticise someones work!
Realy, people these days...
I couldn't read the whole thing it's just too long. But ok sounds good. Anything else you wanna add?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE