Hacking Messed up ur0:/tai

idn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

So, I dun goofed when trying to set up SD2Vita on my 1000. When reading about copying ux0:/tai to ur0:/tai, I assumed that meant replacing ur0:/tai, so I copied it to my PC, deleted it from ur0:/tai, and then copied ux0:/tai. I realized what I've done shortly afterwards. Also, I didn't edit config.txt, so the config.txt in ur0:/tai still references ux0:/tai, which doesn't exist.

My storageconfig.txt in ur0:/tai (which, I assume, isn't read at all because of the above) is:
MCD=ux0
GCD=uma0

So, although the Enso logo is still there, my Vita won't detect the MC (official one) saying I should either update the firmware or format it. My main objective here is to at least salvage saves. So far, I tried:

1. Holding L/R on boot.
2. Rebuilding the database
3. Launching HENkaku via the browser - this works, but it won't install molecularShell as the Vita won't recognize the memory card.
4. Reloading taiHEN config.txt from HENkaku settings
5. Using finalhe via Content Manager, which works fine up until the part where it actually writes h-encore to the memory card, where it stops.

Any tips or are my saves lost?

--edit--

Phew. I've done it.

6. Factory reset.

This helped and the card is once again seen by the Vita. It was slightly scary because after reinserting the card post-factory reset, the console said that it was linked to the previous owner's account. I don't even know them and I wouldn't have that account on the Vita ever again. But then I found out about HENkaku's unlink function and all was well with the world again (though I did say goodbye to my saves a few times in my head while I was googling linked memory cards frantically xd).

Thanks to everyone here for contributing!

Last edited by idn,

SteVoUniT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try booting it up again by pressing L/R. That'll disable any plugins and it should read your MC. If not hook it up to a PC, use that QCMA app and boot it up L/R to disable plugins and see if that app reads your MC. I think whenever you boot up enso its looking for your storage media, so that storageconfig.txt might be messing you up. Ill look into it when I get home because I had something similar happen to me.

idn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you deleted henkaku.suprx in the process. that's henkaku tools.
Yes, I deleted the entire ur0:/tai, which contained henkaku, nonpdrm, taihen, config.txt and boot_config.txt, and replaced it with ux0:tai/, which contained 0syscall6, download_enabler, ioplus, nonpdrm, pngshot, PSVshell, repatch, shellbat, storagemgr (set to use MC as ux0 and SD2VITA as uma0) and VitaGrafix. So now that's the new ur0:/tai, no henkaku, and config.txt there still contains ux0:/ paths, so it might as well not be there at all. xd

Try Going to the Henkaku.xyz website and keep tapping R ..............and simply reinstall the hack and start again
Yes, fresh HENkaku from the exploit works fine, it adds the menu to the settings app, but the OS still won't recognize the MC, which means that I can't actually install either molecularShell or VitaShell. I'd have to give in and format the card, which I'm trying not to do.

Try booting it up again by pressing L/R. That'll disable any plugins and it should read your MC. If not hook it up to a PC, use that QCMA app and boot it up L/R to disable plugins and see if that app reads your MC.
I tried booting while holding L or R, but nothing happens (i.e. the OS still says that I need to update my firmware and format my MC). As for QCMA, it uses Content Manager, right? Content Manager doesn't see the memory card. I also tried finalhe and it works fine up until the part where it actually writes h-encore to the memory card, where it fails. QCMA uses the same process, right?

--edit--

Yup, says this app needs a memory card as well.

I think whenever you boot up enso its looking for your storage media, so that storageconfig.txt might be messing you up.
I don't think so, because the "new" config.txt in ur0:/tai still references ux0 (I didn't change it), and there's nothing in ux0:/tai. And even if there were, my storageconfig.txt was set up so that the MC would be ux0:

MCD=ux0
GCD=uma0

Thanks for your time!

--edit--

I did it! Details in the first post. xd

Last edited by idn,

Nojtuag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe if you are on 6.50 cfw; you can use the henkaku.xyz to install molecular shell. During the process of it's running a black screen of command; keep pressing R. You can then use molecular shell to reinstall all of your missing app. Once those are installed; importantly install the Autoplugin so you can remap the drives. I haven't test, but in theory; it should work.

Alternatively, you can upgrade your firmware and rejailbreak from scratch.

Last edited by Nojtuag,

idn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
molecularShell wouldn't install because the system wouldn't detect the memory card without formatting (FW mismatch) and I don't have a second one. This is PSV 1000, no internal memory for apps in this one.

Factory reset worked, though. And it didn't even remove Enso, it's just inactive. I'll reactivate it later, but that's easy.

idn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, after the cogs in my head finally turned after I did all that, I was surprised that it actually booted as well. My train of thought at the time was "oh, since my tai is on ux0 and it's active, then the one on ur0 must be an installation remnant of some kind". I backed it up nevertheless, copied the one from ux0, rebooted, and I immediately though "hey, wait a minute, wasn't that henkaku there?"

I thought that tai was used only for plugins and nothing else.

Last edited by idn,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it contains the boot_config.txt (not to be confused with the config.txt) which is how tai works. it tells the system what to load. yamt is added to it automatically if you use that installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)