Hacking Messed up atmosphere

trumlinux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I was given a modded switch by a friend. I want to play pokemon legends arceus but because the version of the firmware and atmosphere is too old so I followed the guide in this subthread to update to higher version. After overwritten all of hekate, atmosphere, signspatch files over the old version in sdcard, I can boot into Hekate but when I run atmosphere, I get an fatal error. So what can I do to fix this error? In case it can't be fixed, do I have to reinstall everything from scratch and how to copy games installed on the sdcard to pc so i can get them back after clean install everything? Thank you.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was given a modded switch by a friend. I want to play pokemon legends arceus but because the version of the firmware and atmosphere is too old so I followed the guide in this subthread to update to higher version. After overwritten all of hekate, atmosphere, signspatch files over the old version in sdcard, I can boot into Hekate but when I run atmosphere, I get an fatal error. So what can I do to fix this error? In case it can't be fixed, do I have to reinstall everything from scratch and how to copy games installed on the sdcard to pc so i can get them back after clean install everything? Thank you.
What is the error message? That will help us push you in the right direction.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
your description sounds to me like you have just copied the new hekate and atmosphere over the old one.
bad move, backup the old dir's and extract the zips fresh
especially since you have not told us the old atmosphere version, there were major changes at some version jumps

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed!

a clean start is always best.

You can move /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk and then unzip the .zip to create a new clean /atmosphere dir. this way you can copy things one at a time to your new working directory to make sure they don’t interfere. Sysmodules in /atmosphere/content/* can definitely cause boot issues. So can IPs files.

Another culprit is not updating your hekate_ipl.ini file. Fusee-secondary is deprecated, for example.

Read the Atmosphere and Hekate release notes when upgrading!

trumlinux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
your description sounds to me like you have just copied the new hekate and atmosphere over the old one.
bad move, backup the old dir's and extract the zips fresh
especially since you have not told us the old atmosphere version, there were major changes at some version jumps
Firmware 11.0.1 and Atmosphere 0.16.2

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Probably all you need to do is edit hekate_ipl.ini and change fusee-primary.bin to point to the new fusee.bin instead or change fusee-secondary.bin to point to the new package3 (no .bin) depending on what your existing setup is.
If the config is already set up like that then you need to delete the SD:\atmosphere\contents folder as it probably contains files for an older firmware that are interfering.

Reactions: trumlinux

trumlinux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Probably all you need to do is edit hekate_ipl.ini and change fusee-primary.bin to point to the new fusee.bin instead or change fusee-secondary.bin to point to the new package3 (no .bin) depending on what your existing setup is.
If the config is already set up like that then you need to delete the SD:\atmosphere\contents folder as it probably contains files for an older firmware that are interfering.
I followed your instructions and delete contents folder as well as edit hekate_ipl.ini. After that I still receive the error when booting into atmosphere but I tried to fixing Archive bit then everything work like normal. Thank you so much.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps