Hacking Merging FPKG updates into FPKG Games

jimbo69jones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've done tons of searching on this subject, and I'm unsure if this is possible to do properly

To date, i've tried unpacking a game, then unpacking the update and overwriting the unpacked game files with the update files, then made a new fake package with GenGP4 and Fake PKG Tools. This seems to work, and the resulting package indeed shows the correct version number. They wil upload fine to the PS4 and are installed without issue by the PS4 exploited with Vortex HEN 1.8. I tried this process with Star Wars Battlefront and the 1.12 update and it seems to load and work fine (haven't played through yet, so cannot be certain). I tried the exact same process with Ark Survival Evolved, and the 1.63 Update, and it does load, but errors every minute or so which I think is related to the auto save game. MAybe this is because Ark had been installed before I had done this process and maybe something was left behind that is upsetting this?

Does anyone know if the method i'm using is valid, or am I missing something in the process? Any help gratefully appreciated.

Peace.

/Jimbo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.