Mayflash GC PC Adapter Windows 8.1 Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by lamentofking, Sep 27, 2014.

1. lamentofking
    OP

lamentofking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2009
    United States
    Hello all,

Is there a tut out there for getting the Mayflash GC PC USB Adapter working with Windows 8.1? Everytime I load it in Dolphin and I play a game that supports rumble, as soon as the controller rumbles once it will rumble until I exit out of Dolphin and I have to force quit Dolphin because it freezes up. Anyone know how to solve this? I'm on a Surface Pro 2 if that matters any. Windows 8.1 64-bit.

2. sliver123

sliver123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 7, 2009
    Netherlands
    Zuid-Holland
    Did you try this?

3. lamentofking
    OP

Newcomer
    May 14, 2009
    United States
    I definitely did try that. When I start Dolphin with this adapter I start getting several errors. Sometimes Dolphin will freeze when trying to select a controller. Sometimes it will freeze when testing the rumble within Dolphin. And when I can get past all of this and get a game started the controller won't stop shaking as soon as I do something to activate it. Whenever I stop emulation, I have to force quit Dolphin since Dolphin becomes frozen.

None of this happens without the adapter. Any ideas on what's going on here?

4. garbanzox

garbanzox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Were you able to solve this? I'm also having issues with my GC controller rumbling uncontrollably in Dolphin...

5. lamentofking
    OP

Newcomer
    May 14, 2009
    United States
    No. The semi-fix that I had was to use a usb2.0 port. I had to use a hub since there aren't any 2.0 ports on my surface pro 2. Mayflash themselves are using Dolphin 3.5 on Win8 and Dolphin 4.x on Win7. I say semi-fix because sometimes I will have the same problem but it happens less often.

6. garbanzox

garbanzox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    I'll try a hub then. Thanks!