Hacking Maybe a stupid question

ranja81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I've read through a lot of stuff and still can't find a simple and straight forward way of doing this. I want to hack my wii u to play Gamecube, Wii and Wii U games from an external hard drive. Is the best thing to follow the guide at wiiu hacks guide to get homebrew installed? From there what's the simplest and easiest way to achieve what I want as I'm fairly new to Wii U hacking (have hacked other systems before though). I just want a really straight forward guide if that's possible, and apologies if this is covered elsewhere, there is just so much information. Thanks

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I've read through a lot of stuff and still can't find a simple and straight forward way of doing this. I want to hack my wii u to play Gamecube, Wii and Wii U games from an external hard drive. Is the best thing to follow the guide at wiiu hacks guide to get homebrew installed? From there what's the simplest and easiest way to achieve what I want as I'm fairly new to Wii U hacking (have hacked other systems before though). I just want a really straight forward guide if that's possible, and apologies if this is covered elsewhere, there is just so much information. Thanks
Wii U is from its own Wii U formatted HDD and Wii/GameCube from a second HDD Fat32

ignare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On this, I'd just like a very simple and short question answered: If I get a Wii U, I'll definitely be able to do backup loading of Wii U, Wii and Gamecube, loading them off an external hard drive?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On this, I'd just like a very simple and short question answered: If I get a Wii U, I'll definitely be able to do backup loading of Wii U, Wii and Gamecube, loading them off an external hard drive?
Yes, also, you can install Wii and Gamecube titles to the homescreen of the Wii U, letting you use just 1 hdd for all 3 systems. For this you'll need Teconmoon's WiiVC injector.

Reactions: ignare

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes you can. You must install all those games Wii U, Wii and Gamecube with wupinstaller, and on that way you will have all those games on the same HDD.

Reactions: x65943
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVy3bgCw2Qk&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.brandeating.com%2F&source...