Hacking WIP Material-NSP - A simple GUI for CDNSP

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Today I release a WIP for a GUI that will use existing Python script in the original CDNSP thread.

For Windows x64 only right now.

It lets you download simultaneous titles at the same time (still working on queueing downloads). It may still have problems, like not being able to work with paths with spaces, but it's still a work in progress, and I hope to improve it more.

Actual Features:
  • Download simultaneously or queued! Simply select the option before adding titles, and they will download either at the same time, or wait the first one to finish before attempting another download.
  • You can set the path for your CDNSP folder with the python script (which should already be working, if it doesn't work, this GUI won't fix it)
  • You can set the file path for any file with this structure for each line: "titleId | titleKey | Name of the title". You can also set a download URL starting with http: or https: and it will update the list from there on every time you open the app. Make sure the URL you input is the final one (after redirection) and not the one which redirects.
  • You can set the path for your Python binary, in case the exposed environment variable isn't called "python".
  • Select from a list (populated by the title source path from above) or manually set the titleId and titleKey manually.
upload_2018-7-7_16-38-5.png

upload_2018-7-7_7-52-5.png

TO-DO List:

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-7_7-46-16.png
    upload_2018-7-7_7-46-16.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,693
  • upload_2018-7-7_7-48-56.png
    upload_2018-7-7_7-48-56.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,088
  • upload_2018-7-7_7-52-42.png
    upload_2018-7-7_7-52-42.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 734
Last edited by Olmectron,

Robman2122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks great! I'll be checking this out when I'm at my computer again.

Quick question: it looks like from the screenshot that the titles.json has spaces for TitleKeys. I'm assuming it will automatically use this when downloading? Also, for games that require a separate key for the update, will that support it? Or is that something that can be added?

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This looks great! I'll be checking this out when I'm at my computer again.

Quick question: it looks like from the screenshot that the titles.json has spaces for TitleKeys. I'm assuming it will automatically use this when downloading? Also, for games that require a separate key for the update, will that support it? Or is that something that can be added?

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk
titles.json should be a Json file with an array of objects with those three properties. "Name", "tid" and "tkey". The download doesn't include the Json file. And the image I posted was for helping know what Json file should people search.

When you select "Download update", it will ask you for the version number, which should be typed manually

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just noticed that, after loading all of the NCA files, it lasts a ver long time looking like it "finished" downloading and creating the NSP file, while it hasn't. This happens more, then bigger the game size. Since it takes a while to package the NSP file.

This is normal, since it happens in the command line too.

I guess I could make the progress bar indeterminate once "Packaging NSP" is printed, so that you would still know download finished, but packaging is missing and being worked on. Otherwise, it looks like "Done", but like it just freezed.

What do you think about this?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just updated the app in favor of the popular title list format in some discord. The app installer with this update is version 0.9.5. Redownload it from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgj0777z0ti5pot/material-nsp Setup 0.9.5.zip?dl=0

Now, it asks for a file with this format in every line: titleId | titleKey | Name of the title

Also, you can set a URL starting with http: or https: for updating automatically every time the app is starts. Remember to write the final URL address and not the one which redirects.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Uploaded the new installer with the popular format and auto updating working. Sorry, it took some time. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgj0777z0ti5pot/material-nsp Setup 0.9.5.zip?dl=0

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
also i can't use the titles.json file i always got an error...
It probably wasn't the one expected, since it was a JSON file made up by me, and I shared that in discord.
Anyways, this new version uses the, now popular it seems, format where every line goes like this: titleId | titleKey | Name of the title

Reactions: willhack

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry, it takes some time with my 1 Mbit bandwith for uploads. Version fixed from a broken state:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/voucp4uf54rczu5/material-nsp Setup 0.9.6.zip?dl=0

Everyone, remember to always click the little disk icon button to the left side after editing these fields, so changes apply:

upload_2018-7-7_13-9-40.png

The next two more important things I'll be doing are option for queueing instead of simultaneous downloads. And some visual indicator of when the script is packaging the NSP file, since for big size titles, it could take some minutes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also. I forgot some warnings in the first post.

Clicking on the "remove" icon for a title in the download list won't stop the python script process, it will continue as long as the app is opened. I will be improving that in future versions. If you really want to cancel a download for now, close the app and reopen it.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This look pretty good, any clues where to get the json?
It's not a JSON file any more.

The file now should have the structure of each line like this: titleId | titleKey | Name of the title

There's a URL address in some discord with a URL with the raw data. You could use that.

Let me check if I can share that discord url here. Not really sure about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended