Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finished the main story of it today and I must say...wow. Mass Effect is easily one of the greatest game series I've ever completed. Yep, it's that good. "But suprgamr232!" You say, "What about all those other cool game series like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts or LOL CALL OF DUTY??" Nope, not even close.

I must admit, the ending makes me suspicious. Why? Because

WARNING. THE INFORMATION IN THE SPOILERS CONTAIN HEAVY, Y'KNOW, SPOILERS. READ ONLY IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ENDING OR THE SERIES IN GENERAL.
I'll try not to spoil the ending I had too much, but if I do oh well. Anyways, at the end when I integrated with the Catalyst and blew the shit out of all the Reapers and all of the Mass Relays, there's a cutscene involving the Normandy (which Joker is still piloting) trying to outrun the blast. Needless to say he doesn't make it, however, he does crash land on some planet (seems to be some sort of vacation planet, very lovely looking.) At first you think "OH NO THE NORMANDY CRASHED AND IS DEAD!" Nope, door starts to open but before you see anything the cutscene ends. I was thinking this could possibly start some kind of side-story involving Joker because Joker is damn cool.

Another reason I have my suspicions is because at the end of the credits you get a cutscene of 2 people (human, an older gentlemen and a younger boy) on a planet with what seems to be multiple moons. It appears as if the entirety of the Mass Effect series was being told to this little boy by the man, about the "Shepard" and how he managed to save the galaxy. It appears, however, that the civilization seen in this cutscene hasn't yet achieved space travel again as the little boy asks the man "Will I ever be able to visit the stars?" who answers "Some day, I'm sure my sweet boy" (or something of the like). After this exchange, however, the little boy asks the old man to tell him another story about the "Shepard", possibly even more story opportunity.

Anyways, those who have played it, what do you think? To me it seems this one is more action oriented, as there aren't very many missions where you run around for half an hour searching for something/doing errands. Instead it seems you're fighting the Reapers at every corner, every planet, every space station. It seems to have quite a few more cutscenes as well, at least to me it seemed that way. I also saw an option to turn dialogue options off which was...odd to me, at least in a Mass Effect game. Seems some people just wanted to play the game and didn't care what happened...which brings me to the Renegade/Paragon system. I must admit I didn't pay too much attention to it as it didn't seem to effect very many decisions. There were only a handful of times the dialogue options even came up, but you could still continue on if you hadn't reached that level yet so it seemed a little...unimportant.

In a particular mission there are also opportunities t o find explanations on a few things some people might be a bit...unaware of. For instance, EDI's existence and various other things about Project Lazarus. I must say, my favorite line in the game had to be when
I was watching a video log between the Illusive Man and a scientist about an attack they attempted on the Normandy, EDI being the one to stop it of course and continued to send "7 zettabytes of explicit materials" to Cerebus...If you ask her about it, she claims most of it "belongs to Joker!" which is just...great

Also gotta say I love the new weapons system/upgrade system works. Basically, you find a weapon anywhere in the galaxy on any mission which is cool. After you find the weapon you can buy it's more powerful version on the Normandy, meaning you don't have to go around shops buying the guns/finding them. The upgrade system also works very well, although I wish you could perhaps use more than 2 for some weapon classes like the Sniper and Assault Rifle. Oh well though, can't have everything.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe that no one's replied to this yet. I for one am impressed with the depth to which the decisions we made in ME 1, and ME 2 are affecting the game. I found myself making a big decision or two where I regretted both choices. Either one sucked. I can tell a game is good when you start to get attached to the characters and their peoples.

Rip Legion and the Geth. I'm sorry I had to wipe you out, but the Quarians come first. (but damn the Quarians for creating life, and then wiping it out. :( )

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe that no one's replied to this yet. I for one am impressed with the depth to which the decisions we made in ME 1, and ME 2 are affecting the game. I found myself making a big decision or two where I regretted both choices. Either one sucked. I can tell a game is good when you start to get attached to the characters and their peoples.

Rip Legion and the Geth. I'm sorry I had to wipe you out, but the Quarians come first. (but damn the Quarians for creating life, and then wiping it out. :( )
How could you wipe them out!! I didn't...

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you tell us that you let
Tali kill herself
I will be forced to stomp your manberries into paste. :angry:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

If you tell us that you let
Tali kill herself
I will be forced to stomp your manberries into paste. :angry:
But...but...
THE GETH ARE DAMN COOL. :angry:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
But...but...
THE GETH ARE DAMN COOL. :angry:

I don't care if they're so fucking cool that they wear burberry hats and mirrored monocles,
Tali'Zorah is the sweetest and most sincere woman of any species in the Mass Effect galaxy! :cry:
I only did it because I wanted to be an ass the first time around, I'm playing the main story again and this time I'm gonna just go by my personal morals, and then the last time will be the ultra good guy!

Why that's in spoilers I don't know.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Vulpes Abnocto']

I think the wait to see Tali's face was well worth it. She's really attractive. I'm also really glad she won't get sick around Shepard anymore. Also, if you guys had Thane alive from ME 2, what did you think of his heroism during the Citadel coup, I think my favourite line is when he tells Shepard that a terminally ill Drell kept Tai Leng (also a badass) from his target.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@[member='Vulpes Abnocto']

I think the wait to see Tali's face was well worth it. She's really attractive. I'm also really glad she won't get sick around Shepard anymore. Also, if you guys had Thane alive from ME 2, what did you think of his heroism during the Citadel coup, I think my favourite line is when he tells Shepard that a terminally ill Drell kept Tai Leng (also a badass) from his target.
I wanna see her face! My game will only arrive tomorrow afternoon... Can't anyone upload her face? D=

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna see her face! My game will only arrive tomorrow afternoon... Can't anyone upload her face? D=

Yeah, I don't mind showing you her face. But you might be disappointed, much like so many other people are.

Tali's Face

Tali-Unmasked-Mass-Effect-3-570x427.jpg

It's pretty much a free image found online with a little bit of third-grader-using-MS-Paint thrown in.
Lazy. As. Fuck.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it's such a fucking cop-out. No creativity at all.
Turians, Hanar, Elcor, Salarians, Asari....if they look human at all it's only because they're bipedal upright walking two-armed creatures. But Quarians, oh they've got pasty skin and white eyes, but otherwise they might as well be humans. trololololool.

At the very least they could show more than a single retouched image of her. Hells bells
We get close-ups of Miranda's genetically engineered ass and EDI's prominent mechanical camel toe. Why not some naughty Tali!?!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Yeah, I don't mind showing you her face. But you might be disappointed, much like so many other people are.

Tali's Face

Tali-Unmasked-Mass-Effect-3-570x427.jpg

It's pretty much a free image found online with a little bit of third-grader-using-MS-Paint thrown in.
Lazy. As. Fuck.
I thought they'd maker her take off her helm or something. =(

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mass Effect is something that could be called an epic adventure. Kinda like Lord of the Ring, except with interaction! Gotta love how ME3 starts with around 1000 different input variables from past choices..

Pick the wrong socks before going on a mission and boom! The Reapers invade the Citadel and the rest of the galaxy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"