Hacking Mario Party DS not working on 3DS

ElvinBautista

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So i just bought a R4i 3DS with the website http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ on the front, and my 3DS is ver. 3.0.0-6U

and i always get " disk errcode=-83" when trying to run mario party DS. Every other game works except this one. I tried downloading this game from multiple different sources and i even downloaded the diff language versions and i always get the same. Any help?

ElvinBautista

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Heh, i join what seemed like a friendly community only to walk straight into an asshole. No biggie.

I would think it would be obvious that i went that route if i:
A. Put a link to the same site you linked me
B. came here with just about every piece of information needed in order to help me like the name of the website on the cartridge and the details that make my case strange.

So to answer your unnecessarily elitist comment, yes i already formatted my SD card and im getting the same result.

Reactions: 2 people

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry you ran into CollosalPokemon on your first day in the Temp. Welcome, by the way.

1. What kind of MicroSD card are you using? Please give Class, Brand and Size.
2. You are using one of MANY clones of what WAS the best DS Flashcard, a long time ago.

If I come across as rude, I apologize. However, for a generic card, you will get a generic answer. It may very well be either your Flashcard, or your mSD.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think that flashcart is supported by YSmenu. It uses a different loader (which has a higher compatibility, as far as I know), so it might work.

So to answer your unnecessarily elitist comment, yes i already formatted my SD card and im getting the same result.
You should have said so to begin with. Although he had an attitude, his suggestion was logical, and he even backed it up with a source.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that flashcart is supported by YSmenu. It uses a different loader (which has a higher compatibility, as far as I know), so it might work.

You should have said so to begin with. Although he had an attitude, his suggestion was logical, and he even backed it up with a source.
He still didn't have to be a dick about it.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, i join what seemed like a friendly community only to walk straight into an asshole. No biggie.

I would think it would be obvious that i went that route if i:
A. Put a link to the same site you linked me
B. came here with just about every piece of information needed in order to help me like the name of the website on the cartridge and the details that make my case strange.

Oh, wait. I'm so sorry. I didn't look at when you joined. There are many threads of spamming members.
I'll try a bit nicer approach:

You may be able to load Mario Party DS with YSMenu (the *.nds file) as suggested by s4mid4re.
Also a few good troubleshooting questions are:

1) You have the SD formatted to FAT32, yes?
2) What is the size and class of your SD? (some people get different results with different sizes/classes)
3) Did you flash the card with an update? (ie did you go to the update menu on the R4i's menu and update that)

Aside from that you can always contact the R4i SDHC team and report a problem and they will fix it. (and they have in the past)

Reactions: 1 person

ElvinBautista

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
It ended up being my MicroSD card, when i first tried this, it was on a 1GB. My New 16GB seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks everyone. and as for the generic flash cart, i bought it because it was from a US vendor (www.realhotstuff.com) and i wanted it by today so i could play mario party DS with some friends.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It ended up being my MicroSD card, when i first tried this, it was on a 1GB. My New 16GB seems to have fixed the problem.
It most likely didn't have anything to do with the capacity of the card. The problem was either the speed or the class, or both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1