Hacking Mario Maker wanting to update...

Jeebs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to all of this and I've read the guides so bare with me. I own the Mario Maker Disc. I also blocked Nintendo updates via DNS trick and URL filtering on my router.

I'm on 5.3.2 and just spoofed to 5.5.0. Before doing that when the game was in my Wii it wouldn't let me play it and only showed Update. Which is what I expected.

After I spoofed that went away and I saw the normal icon to play the game. But when I launched the game it started to prepare for an update.

I got scared and powered my Wii off haha. I assume this is just a game update? Is there any way to tell the difference between a system update and game update on this case?

I assume since I have the DNS blocking and URL filtering a system update wouldn't happen. But figured I'd post this before I do anything.

Can I manually update Disc games that I own just to be safe?

Jeebs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind I read some more and was able to manually update the game. Thread can probably be removed mods.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
check the wup installer thread you need to download the game update with nusgrrabber app and instale it manualy with the wup installer.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: yuyuyup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153