Gaming Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga remake

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about it, and I was wondering what you guys think of a remake of this amazing game. The sprites, animation, and sound could be vastly improved, and new features could be added to make it really great. Granted, Alpha dream hasn't released any sort of remake before, but why not start now? Considering us Mario rpg fans should be satisfied with Paper Mario 3DS, releasing a remake sounds like a great idea.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
awssk8er said:
I think they should be working on many, many more things than a remake of a seven year old game.
Exactly. I just want them to develop a really nice Paper Mario game for the 3DS.

Intelligent Systems does Paper Mario, not Alpha Dream. If Alpha Dream chooses to remake SSS, then it wouldn't affect Paper Mario at all. It would actually be a nice treat to wait for the next Mario & Luigi game.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tonitonichopchop said:
Slyakin said:
awssk8er said:
I think they should be working on many, many more things than a remake of a seven year old game.
Exactly. I just want them to develop a really nice Paper Mario game for the 3DS.

Intelligent Systems does Paper Mario, not Alpha Dream. If Alpha Dream chooses to remake SSS, then it wouldn't affect Paper Mario at all. It would actually be a nice treat to wait for the next Mario & Luigi game.

I agree. I played this game for years, I still play it...

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
I was thinking about it, and I was wondering what you guys think of a remake of this amazing game. The sprites, animation, and sound could be vastly improved, and new features could be added to make it really great. Granted, Alpha dream hasn't released any sort of remake before, but why not start now? Considering us Mario rpg fans should be satisfied with Paper Mario 3DS, releasing a remake sounds like a great idea.

the 3ds is just too much of an improvement compared to it and i think....a remake of it would take time like almost an entirely new game developed, which i would prefer instead
it's not like chrono trigger, where you need to just add some extras or OOT where a graphical improvement is almost enough

D

Deleted_171835

No way.
Mario Luigi: Superstar Saga doesn't need to be remaked. It isn't out-dated. The game is sprite-based so a remake wouldn't improve the graphics by much. The most they should do with the game is put it on the Virtual Console. I just hope Alphadream releases a 4th Mario Luigi game for the 3DS.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lube_Skyballer said:
I think Paper Mario 3DS is going to satisfy all your needs, sir.
I think Paper Mario 3DS is going to be awesome
happy.gif

I recently started playing Paper Mario on the N64 (also Zelda OoT and Starfox 64)

D

Deleted_171835

Lube_Skyballer said:
I think Paper Mario 3DS is going to satisfy all your needs, sir.
The Paper Mario series and Mario Luigi series are two totally different genres.
Paper Mario 3DS would not satisfy my needs.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I support the SS remake! But if the eshop thingy for the 3ds has this game, then it's not possible anymore...
frown.gif

I just wish for a RPG 4.

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would want a remake.....probably with extra features or some sort of extra gameplay that isn't in the original.... maybe a super secret ending or new items or something.... not just a plain remake..... After all Mario and Luigi is really what started Mario RPG games on the handheld.... and it was a insane game to play!!! Which reminds me I'm going to go dig up my GBASP and play the game again.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No. Concentrate on the new, not on the old. Everyone could dig up his or her favorite game to vote for remake, but that doesn't mean it will.. You should look ahead, instead of looking back, a lot more new stuff is coming up !
biggrin.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Does the game really need a remake? In my opinion, it doesn't seem dated at all. To me, it seems just as colorful and fun as when it first came out. The game's right on par with its DS sequels, really.

Sure, some of the gameplay elements aren't as expanded upon as Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story, but I imagine some would prefer that. After all, one of the things I liked about the Mario and Luigi series is how each of the three games felt unique in their own ways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.