Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga remake

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Tonitonichopchop, Jan 17, 2011.

Jan 17, 2011
  1. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I was thinking about it, and I was wondering what you guys think of a remake of this amazing game. The sprites, animation, and sound could be vastly improved, and new features could be added to make it really great. Granted, Alpha dream hasn't released any sort of remake before, but why not start now? Considering us Mario rpg fans should be satisfied with Paper Mario 3DS, releasing a remake sounds like a great idea.

2. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think they should be working on many, many more things than a remake of a seven year old game.

3. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Exactly. I just want them to develop a really nice Paper Mario game for the 3DS.

4. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Intelligent Systems does Paper Mario, not Alpha Dream. If Alpha Dream chooses to remake SSS, then it wouldn't affect Paper Mario at all. It would actually be a nice treat to wait for the next Mario & Luigi game.

5. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    I agree. I played this game for years, I still play it...

6. RNorthex

Member RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

Hungary
    the 3ds is just too much of an improvement compared to it and i think....a remake of it would take time like almost an entirely new game developed, which i would prefer instead
    it's not like chrono trigger, where you need to just add some extras or OOT where a graphical improvement is almost enough

7. Lube_Skyballer

Member Lube_Skyballer GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I think Paper Mario 3DS is going to satisfy all your needs, sir.

8. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    No way.
    Mario Luigi: Superstar Saga doesn't need to be remaked. It isn't out-dated. The game is sprite-based so a remake wouldn't improve the graphics by much. The most they should do with the game is put it on the Virtual Console. I just hope Alphadream releases a 4th Mario Luigi game for the 3DS.

9. DryYoshi

Member DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Netherlands
    I think Paper Mario 3DS is going to be awesome [​IMG]
    I recently started playing Paper Mario on the N64 (also Zelda OoT and Starfox 64)

10. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    The Paper Mario series and Mario Luigi series are two totally different genres.
    Paper Mario 3DS would not satisfy my needs.

11. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    You know all 3 M&L games in one.

No more!

or even this:

and a 4th (secret new game) with it!

12. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    I support the SS remake! But if the eshop thingy for the 3ds has this game, then it's not possible anymore... [​IMG]

I just wish for a RPG 4.

13. famousginni

Member famousginni GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I would want a remake.....probably with extra features or some sort of extra gameplay that isn't in the original.... maybe a super secret ending or new items or something.... not just a plain remake..... After all Mario and Luigi is really what started Mario RPG games on the handheld.... and it was a insane game to play!!! Which reminds me I'm going to go dig up my GBASP and play the game again.

14. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    No. Concentrate on the new, not on the old. Everyone could dig up his or her favorite game to vote for remake, but that doesn't mean it will.. You should look ahead, instead of looking back, a lot more new stuff is coming up ! [​IMG]

15. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    Does the game really need a remake? In my opinion, it doesn't seem dated at all. To me, it seems just as colorful and fun as when it first came out. The game's right on par with its DS sequels, really.

Sure, some of the gameplay elements aren't as expanded upon as Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story, but I imagine some would prefer that. After all, one of the things I liked about the Mario and Luigi series is how each of the three games felt unique in their own ways.