Mario Kart 8 Promotion 8 (HELP)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by JorgeSalgado, Jul 2, 2014.

1. JorgeSalgado
    OP

JorgeSalgado GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2012
    Hello everyone! It'll probably sound stupid but I really need your help with something. Well, I live in Europe but I have a friend in the states that bought Mario Kart 8 and wants to give me the free code for another Nintendo game. I'd like to ask you if that would be possible, if there are still regions in the digital versions of the games and if there is something I can do in case that is true. Thank you.

2. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    The codes are region locked, sorry

3. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Like he said you can't use a code from US in a EU console, that's just basic logic anyone should have. You can't even make a US account in a EU console or vice-versa.

Either return it to him or sell the code for US Wii U owners on eBay or somethin'.

4. JorgeSalgado
    OP

Sep 5, 2012
    That's what I needed to know. Sorry for my ignorance, but like in Xbox, is there a way to change the country and redeem the code?

5. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Sure you can change countries but to other Europeans not from US/Japan.

6. JorgeSalgado
    OP

Sep 5, 2012
    I promise this will be my last question. Not sure if anyone has tried it but could he give me the mario kart 8 code and I would register it here in europe on club nintendo and after that chose the game and get a free code?

7. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    You mean he registers the code for you and then you download the game on your console? Nope. Won't work.

It would be necessary to change to the US and PAL consoles only feature PAL region countries.

8. JorgeSalgado
    OP

Sep 5, 2012
    No, I mean, he sends me the code of Mario Kart 8 that you have to scratch ad I register it myself on EU club nintendo. Not sure if I'm making myself clear, but I guess it'd be as if I bought an american version of MK8.

9. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

All NIntendo games are region locked.
    Digital Download, Physical cart and promotional codes.
    USA Codes won't work on PAL consoles nor vice versa, its locked and will always be and there's no workaround.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.