MapleStory

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Gore, Dec 23, 2008.

Dec 23, 2008

MapleStory by Gore at 3:38 PM (1,483 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Gore
    OP

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I recently went back to this game because I felt like it, and I just saw "Pr1vateParts" in game, so I whispered him, and it is the very same that is here on GBAtemp.
    So who else plays?

All I know of is PKProStudios in Bellocan.
    Me and Pr1vateParts are in Broa.

2. Diosoth

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I play on Bellocan. But I generally avoid other players, since I find most of them to be insufferable to put up with. Bello is THE worst server as far as obnoxious people go.

He'll get his name changed eventually... Nexon has been involuntarily changing player names they deem to be "inappropriate", basically by giving them a free name change coupon that enacts during server check... only Nexon chooses the new name.

3. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I played for like 3 months and only got to 37... then started hacking GMS on a new character and got to 64 in about a week or two... and now, I sometimes play private servers. MS has ungodly low rates.

4. Diosoth

United States
    I've been tempted to hop to a private server, myself... high EXP rates and free NX goodies.

5. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Yeah, private servers are great. Even in the most popular ones, there's a lot less people so you don't have to share areas with anyone and you can train more efficiently. 95% of servers also sell NX items for mesos, so you don't have to spend any real cash. There's also custom PQs, custom NPCs, etc.

As far as I know, emulation is pretty good right now. For example, in v62 characters, Pirate job works pretty well. There's only maybe 2-3 skills in the entire I-IV skillset that don't work. Also, in most v62 P.servers I tried, pet equipments usually don't work.

6. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Not to plug anything ever having to do with jdbye, but you should check out #gbatemp.eof (hey look at that, a double plug!)

Private servers are more fun that official servers. Why? Cause PKProStudio wont venture into them [​IMG]

7. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    MapleStory boring for me even though I hacked
    level 71 Dragon Knight and still unbanned =D
    Don't play anymore

8. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I play so every now and then, but on the awful Europe server. I have a lvl. 25 warrior, and it's development progresses awfully slow. The quests are kinda lame, and the area-difficulty is unbalanced. -__-

Every now and then is an overstatement...I prefer to play WoW on a private server. lvl. 58 Death Knight ftw.

9. Synchromatic

Member Synchromatic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I played a few months ago and got a Dexless 55 sin. I even made my own private server.

I stopped playing because my friend spent $1500 on NX.

10. tyuno123

Member tyuno123 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    started playing MapleSEA last year got a normal sin level 58 and a pure luk sin level 3x but since it ruined my study life I decided to stop and sold my accounts to my friend

11. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    I quit MS like... a year ago. Sometimes I go on a PS though.

12. tyuno123

Member tyuno123 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    PS = photoshop ?? 0.o

13. Diosoth

United States
    Private Server. Typically illegally run servers which give 3000x EXP rates, free NX goodies, etc, but are often shut down as fast as they crop up. Though now that Chinese servers are appearing, some may actually stay around for a while.

14. Treflex

Member Treflex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I play on broa, but rarely. I'm a level 52 assassin, IGN CowTipperV2

15. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    I personally see no point in private servers if they are exactly the same as real ones with monsters everywhere and exp rate higher.

Means being higher level doesn't mean much

A good private server needs features nobody else has.

16. Immortal Game

Member Immortal Game GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I used to play. I kind of quit, but I might go back to it sometime. I love that game a lot, so it's a bit hard for me to just quit like that, but I don't really want to spend any more money on it.

Broa - GrandDream 44 Bandit (not sure, it was between 40-45)
    Khaini - MuffinStory 92 Priest
    Kradia - Murderish 81 Crusader (guy character, even though I'm a girl in real life.. he was pretty sexy though)
    Yellonde - Psychoish 89 Priest? (I don't know what level on this one either)

Psychoish was in the top 50 when the server started, and it was probably my most "hardcore" character, but after getting transferred into a class about a week before a major assignment was due... I decided my homework was more important. Plus, I had a convention (Penny Arcade Expo!) I was attending the same week, so I wanted to finish the assignment going off to PAX.

That assignment plus PAX pulled me away from MS for about a week, which was enough for me to decide to quit. I think it's just because I was sad that everyone passed me while I was gone, and I didn't feel like going hardcore again while there was school.

17. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    some private servers have custom scripts that the creators/coders made, but eventually get stolen and put on other servers.