Hacking Making Wii safe to update.

Barmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.

I want to put my Wii up for sale on eBay, so obviously I can't be sure the buyer is homebrew-savvy. So I want to make my Wii safe for updating again, so nothing will go wrong after it has left my hands. I've installed a few homebre-related things, like the HBC and the Wii and GC backup loaders (very early revisions, I haven't installed anything new for quite a long time). I've also installed the World of Goo wad, which I'd like to keep on there if I can. I'm on 3.2U, I think. Aside from deleting the various homebrew channels and deleting the stuff on my SD card, what else do I have to do to make the Wii safe again?

cheers

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it is perfectly safe to update. but anyway, get dop-IOS MOD, update every IOS, then use NUSD and WAD Manager to reinstall BC and MIOS, then use AnyTitle Deleter to delete everything you have installed other than IOS249 (i.e. custom channels, other cIOS etc.). Then uninstall cIOS. Then format the Wii. Then update it to 4.2.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SifJar said:
it is perfectly safe to update. but anyway, get dop-IOS MOD, update every IOS, then use NUSD and WAD Manager to reinstall BC and MIOS, then use AnyTitle Deleter to delete everything you have installed other than IOS249 (i.e. custom channels, other cIOS etc.). Then uninstall cIOS. Then format the Wii. Then update it to 4.2.

He cannot format it as he has a wad that he wants to keep on there, and maybe savefiles.

Barmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if I just delete everything that's on the system menu, wipe the SD, and then update, that will work? I'd heard a bit about the latest update bricking everything so I want to be sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny