makerom wrong id

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by KazoWAR, May 20, 2015.

  1. KazoWAR
    OP

    KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,799
    681
    Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    I am trying to create an homebrew applet, as a test i am trying to replace the web browser. I know the unique id for the us browser is 0x94, so that is what i set the homebrew id to. when i make the cia the complete id is 0004003000009400 while the us browser is 0004003000009402.

    How do I set the last 2 number to be 02?
     
  2. RednaxelaNnamtra

    RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    745
    634
    Dec 8, 2011
    Gambia, The
    the category needs to be Applet, then the id will end with 02
     
  3. KazoWAR
    OP

    KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,799
    681
    Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    I already have it set, it sets 0004003000009400
     
  4. RednaxelaNnamtra

    RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    745
    634
    Dec 8, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Oh, right, what you mean is the TitleId Variation, that defines that the application is a SystemApplication, I'm looking into it too, but u ould like to overwrite game notes, because i think its less often used :)
     
  5. RednaxelaNnamtra

    RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    745
    634
    Dec 8, 2011
    Gambia, The
    If you still need it, you can use this makerom and set the Variation inside of the rsf file:

    Code:
    TitleInfo:
    UniqueId : 0x0009c    
    Category : Applet # Application / SystemApplication / Applet / Firmware / Base / DlpChild / Demo / Contents / SystemContents / SharedContents / AddOnContents / Patch / AutoUpdateContents
    Variation : "02"
    
    But at the moment I cant start applets I created
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra, Jun 25, 2015