Gaming Make PC Game run faster/smoother?

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have a few questions.

1. What are the settings that would make it run fastest?

2. What are ways I could improve it's speed? I really wanna play, I've beaten it once on that computer, but with lag and it gave me a headache constantly.

3. My systems specs are:
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
System Model: Dimension 2400
Processor: Intel Celeron CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Graphics Card: Intel 82848G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Sound Card: SoundMAX Digital Audio

Also, don't ask me to use the Can I Run it? Website. I don't have internet on my computer, I'm typing this on my crap laptop.

I'd appreciate the help, and thanks in advance
smile.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My guess would be to do whatever you can to lower the screen resolution/graphics quality of the game, and don't use shadows and/or anti-aliasing (if you can help it, some games aren't playable without some form of it) if at all possible. Also, lower the lighting quality, and reflections (if applicable) should be lowered or disabled.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should've mentioned free. I also did all that, Skyline and it didn't change anything.

I would have a graphics card, but I'm planning on using my money for a PS3.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
saison said:
So there's no program I could use or nothing? Besides overclocking.
If anything at all running a program would only slow things down. It doesn't really work like that. Unless you tone down your graphics settings. Such as resolution and quality to the lowest. Other than that, the only thing you can do is buy a new computer.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying a new computer is a bit drastic, but yeah, I know I need to upgrade. Just ain't in the area to afford it right now.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres nothing you can do

the whole system is outdated
buying new hardware (like a gfx card) would make it being held back from its full potential by the rest of the hardware

overclocking isnt an option
your computer is locked from making such changes

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with the others posting here although I will single out your graphics card- Intel do not make game grade graphics cards and as far as I can see ( http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYST...sm_en/specs.htm ) the motherboard does not even support a cheap one (fable is an old game which an older card could run quite happily).

On the other hand ignore the in game or pre game options and head right to the source- under graphics properties (varies with drivers so I am not about to get specific) there should be options to change what goes with various settings and part of this will include 3d and part of that will include thing likes "let application decide". Tell it there to go for speed and drop everything you can.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the settings of my graphic card and there wasn't anything I could really configure, and I don't believe mine supports anti-aliasing to whomever mentioned that earlier.

I did change the game's aspect ratio to 16:9 and that SEEMED to speed it up for a little while, but that's it. Other than that, no other FPS gain.

Also, I briefly saw these programs, GameGain2 and GameBooster, would those help or not?

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so funny. I'm not in a budget to even buy a PC, so there's no way I'd buy a Mac unless I knew that it could play epic games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k