Magisk - SafetyNet check failed

Discussion in 'Android' started by smileyhead, Jun 6, 2017.

1. smileyhead
    OP

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Status
    Settings
    is there anything I'm doing wrong?

2. matpower

matpower A Hero of Justice

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    What phone do you have? Did you have another root method before? What ROM are you using?

3. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Huawei P9
    No.
    Resurrection Remix. this one.

4. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Chile
    Somewhere
    To be honest, MagiskManager always fails when checking for SafetyNet but I can play Pokemon Go and bypass Fire Emblem Heroes/Super Mario Run bans with it. Use an app that uses SafetyNet instead of MagiskManager to check if it's working.

Also, activate Magisk Core Only Mode if you still can't pass SafetyNet (Since enabling Xposed will make SafetyNet to fail).

5. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    iirc Play Store hides SafetyNet apps automatically if the phone doesn't pass the test, and I can't see Mario Run in there.
    didn't work :-/

6. matpower

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    Basic Integrity Check is enough for games, but it isn't enough for Play Store for example (Netflix and Fire Emblem Heroes/Super Mario Run won't show up) or Android Pay.

Anyway, smiley, it seems that SELinux is in Permissive mode (unless they fixed that), that makes SafetyNet trigger itself. Check your "About this phone" and confirm this if you can. :P

7. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    it says Enforcing.

8. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Chile
    Somewhere
    You sure? I really couldn't tell since I live in Chile and Nintendo hates us so everything from them is hidden to me, so I'm used to just install the .apk.

Also, I believe I do have SELinux in Permissive mode and I can AT LEAST play the Ninty games just fine.

9. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    it also seems like the Magisk Core Only mode fucked the fingerprint sensor, I can't use it anymore.

10. matpower

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    Hmm, that's troublesome... if SELinux is Enforcing, it should be all good to go. (That contradicts the thread though, it seems that the ROM is stuck in Permissive mode. Guess it's outdated info)
    In that case, you could try lifting the ro.build.fingerprint= from the stock ROM's build.prop and add it to the custom ROM's build.prop (It's a trick that I used in my Moto G 2015 to fully pass SafetyNet, it's also used on Xiaomi devices) or disable ADB/USB debugging if it's enabled.

Also just to be sure, uninstall Magisk with MagiskUninstall script and run this script in TWRP and then flash Magisk through TWRP again, maybe that ROM added Lineage's SU binary by default. As I can't find any info about that on the thread, I will assume that as a possibility.

QUICK EDIT: Here's some good info about SafetyNet and CTS mismatch with Magisk.

Last edited by matpower, Jun 6, 2017
  11. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    doubt that to be honest, the ROM doesn't have a root access setting in developer options.
    how do I get that? is there a possibility it's inside an official update package? :unsure:

also, there's a switch in developer options that says "OEM Unlocking - Allow the bootloader to be unlocked". I haven't touched that yet (it was on by default), but could it be the problem?

12. matpower

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    If the official update package is packed like the average custom ROM, it should be:
    [​IMG]
    After getting the official build.prop, just open it in Notepad++ and search for "ro.build.fingerprint" or something like that and add it to your custom ROM's prop by editing it directly or by creating a simple Magisk module.
    As for the OEM unlock thing, I don't think it should mess with anything, and it might be risky to disable it if your device uses some weird bootloader check or something, I once soft-bricked a friend's Samsung with that option, even though it was fine in my Moto G.

13. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    it's not... :angry:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

14. matpower

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    I have a feeling it's inside the "system.new.dat" file, you could try extracting it with this tool.

15. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    upload_2017-6-6_10-32-25.png

16. matpower

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    Did you install Python2? It seems that it wasn't able to find it.

17. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Some Custom OSes will always throw SafetyNet fail.
    If you would be on-stock, it wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by Felek666, Jun 6, 2017
  18. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Not true. I'm using LineageOS on my Moto X Play and it passes the SafetyNet checks just fine.

19. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    I meant some. Let me edit that post again since my brain refuses to cooperate with me.

Minox likes this.
  20. Magical Sheep

Magical Sheep The Super Stylish Black Cat

Jan 22, 2016
    United States
    The Metaverse
    Do you have Magisk Hide enabled? I had the issue with SafetyNet, until I enabled it. (I'm also on RR, but I'm on the OnePlus3.)