Madworld PAL Widescreen on 4:3 ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ShADyX, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009

Madworld PAL Widescreen on 4:3 ? by ShADyX at 4:46 AM (1,512 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ShADyX
    OP

Member ShADyX Advanced Member

Australia
    hey guys,

just wondering if Madworld is supposed to be letterbox style on a 4:3 screen? seems no matter what settings i put it on (576i/480i) the game displays in widescreen. i'm not sure if it was supposed to be like this or not. if i set my wii settings to widescreen i get back a bit more screen real estate but still has black bars on the top and bottom (and image is stretched of course).

i remember another game doing this a long time ago (soulcalibur legends) except the image was squashed. The image seems to be in correct proportions so maybe the game retains a 16:9 image regardless of your tv (kinda like some dvd movies do). additionally when i press the home button on the wii remote, the home menu has tiny black bars on the top and bottom of the screen but still shows image outside of where the game itself is.

any advice?

(and before i'm flamed and told to "google it" i already have and attempted every suggestion i could find about things like new custom IOS, updated gamma loader, etc.)

2. CreX

Member CreX GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Same problem here.. alsmost...

I have a LCD HD TV 16:9, and for me aspect ratio of the game is like 2.35:1 (the ratio of anamorphic widescreen films).
    But I don't think it's right.. because it seems that the image is cutted since I can't see Jack's feets for example. And many of the comic book texts (to display sound effects) that appear under Jack when jumping on cars etc.. are 80% out of the picture.

I have no solution for it... or is this how the game is suppost to be?

3. ShADyX
    OP

Member ShADyX Advanced Member

Australia
    i'm starting to think its supposed to be like that. the aspect ratio seems to be correct. and when i press the home button it appears to cover more of the screen (much like any other wii game would) but there are still very small black bars on the top and bottom.

i have seen some xbox360 games which would do the same thing

4. CreX

Member CreX GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Yeah... I also get bars at top and bottom in 16:9 mode. Too bad since the extra 10%-20% av the screen could be nice since it seems cut off. Can't see the feets of Jack for example.

Or maybe it's cause they aim for a TV / movie like experience with Death Watch. Hmm ... [​IMG]