Hardware M3 - Information + Dutch Shipping?

Silvestris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
English:

Hello,

I've decided on the M3, though I've heard about several versions, etc, so I am unsure what version to buy.
I'm looking for a Dutch shipping of:

M3:
-Slot 2 Device version for DS, GBA Slot, so it can play both GBA and NDS
-Firmware flashing - no passkey or patching needed. Ability to play GBA and NDS games by just pasting the games on the Micro or Mini SD.
-Micro or Mini or Regular SD Support (4GB or higher)
-Micro or Mini or Regular SD Included (4 GB or higher) (In the case of a Mini SD, Adapter (Mini SD to PC) is needed)
-Original GBA amount of RAM or better (so it has the same amount of RAM of original GBA games, or more)
-Homebrew support: Both GBA and NDS homebrew games supported

Optional:
-Emulating features such as frame skipping (speeding up) both NDS and GBA games
-Other neat features, you can name them.
-Plain install without Moonshell or alike
-Skinnable interface

So, let's get the discussion started. ^^

Dutch:

Hallo,

Ik heb besloten om een M3 te kopen. Ik heb gehoord over verschillende versies en gerelateerd, dus weet ik niet zeker welke versie ik moet kopen.
Ik zoek een Nederlandse verzending van:

M3:
-Slot 2 versie voor de DS, GBA Slot, zodat het zowel GBA als NDS games kan spelen
-Firmware flashing - geen passkey of patching nodig. Mogelijkheid om GBA en NDS games te spelen door ze gewoon op de Micro of Mini SD te zetten.
-Micro of Mini of gewone SD support (4GB of hoger)
-Micro of Mini of gewone SD in het pakket (4 GB of hoger) (In het geval van een Mini SD, Adapter (Mini SD naar PC) is nodig)
-Originele hoeveelheid GBA RAM of beter (zodat het dezelfde hoeveelheid RAM heeft als echte GBA spellen, of meer)
-Homebrew support: Zowel GBA als NDS homebrew games afspeelbaar

Optioneel:
-Emulating features zoals frame skipping (versnellen) van zowel NDS als GBA games
-Andere features, noem ze maar.
-Verse installatie zonder Moonshell of overig
-Veranderbare interface

Dus, laat de discussie maar komen. ^^

~Silvestris

Edit: So far, I have found this link: http://www.ombouwnederland.nl/product_info...products_id/288
Is this a legit/good version? Discuss.

michelhonda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hoi,

hoi,

heb evt wel een supercard sd voor je liggen mag je van me overnemen voor 10,- (nieuw in verpakking)

supercard word op het moment beter ondersteund dan de m3 vind ik persoonlijk.

gr michel

pm me maar als je hem wilt overnemen

Silvestris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
michelhonda said:
hoi,

hoi,

heb evt wel een supercard sd voor je liggen mag je van me overnemen voor 10,- (nieuw in verpakking)

supercard word op het moment beter ondersteund dan de m3 vind ik persoonlijk.

gr michel

pm me maar als je hem wilt overnemen

Hee,

bedankt voor het aanbod, maar vanwege bepaalde redenen (ouders die vaak zitten te zeuren), kan ik alleen via officiele bronnen aan dit soort dingen komen.
Ik zal echter wel even een kijkje nemen naar een supercard sd, misschien dat dat wel wat is.

Maybe the Supercard SD is an option for me, thanks to michelhonda for the suggestion.
But for now, I still think the M3 is a better solution.

eSquire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
no passkey or patching needed
If you don't have a slot-1 flashcart or passcard, or your DS isn't already flashed, then you'll be locked into GBA mode and DS-exclusive features will be unavailable. Also, if I'm not mistaken then all fully-functional slot-2 flashcarts require games to be patched before they'll work.
QUOTE said:
-Original GBA amount of RAM or better (so it has the same amount of RAM of original GBA games, or more)
Just avoid the M3 Lite Professional and you'll be fine.
QUOTE said:
-Emulating features such as frame skipping (speeding up) both NDS and GBA games
DS and GBA games aren't emulated, they are played natively on the DS's hardware. You won't get any frameskipping here, I'm afraid.
So far, I have found this link:
That uses CF, and you specified that you wanted some form of SD.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
you want the M3 Perfect lite then:
http://www.ishopvideogame.com/m3-perfect-lite-p-1610.html

DS and GBA games are not emulated.

THERE ARE NO GBA CARTS WITH HCSD, YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 2 GB, the CF version was still limited to 2 GB because the FATLIB they used for it only could read/write 2 GB.

The one you fould has 32MB NOR and doesn't require patching for 90% of all games, has RTC (Real Time Clock) if your into pokemon.

The Perfect versions have 32MB of NOR over the pro versions which only hve 4MB.

Here is more information on the M3 so you can make up your own mind.:
http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/M3

Silvestris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
eSquire said:
QUOTE said:
no passkey or patching needed
If you don't have a slot-1 flashcart or passcard, or your DS isn't already flashed, then you'll be locked into GBA mode and DS-exclusive features will be unavailable. Also, if I'm not mistaken then all fully-functional slot-2 flashcarts require games to be patched before they'll work.

I have a clone version of the R4, the SDHC from R4Ultra.com. If I use it's build-in [SLOT 2] button, will it be able to launch (if that's how it works) the M3?
And, patching doesn't seem to be a problem to me, that could be done by a simple tool on the PC, am I right?

Edit: I'm using a regular phat DS, so I don't think any Lite version of the M3 will work for me. Edit 2: Several review sites state that the M3 Perfect Lite will work for regular DS'es. This is true?
I was thinking about this combo: the R4 I currently have, with the M3 Perfect. Will this combo suit my specifications besides the optional ones?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In the R4 (even clones) if you click on the last icon to load the gba, the R4 will act as a passme if you have a DS capable firmware installed on the gba device (the M3 perfect has a soft switch to change over to gba mode if you need to). If you have the GBA capable firmware only it will load in GBA mode.

you should really look into getting a different slot1, the R4 and clones will have to deal with anti-DLDI patching code in games by December 2009 if the code is in newer games:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154727

The M3 perfect lite kit has multiple colored shells, one of them being a regualr GBA sized one.

eSquire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
THERE ARE NO GBA CARTS WITH HCSD, YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 2 GB, the CF version was still limited to 2 GB because the FATLIB they used for it only could read/write 2 GB.
I could've sworn I remembered seeing something about slot-2 Supercards supporting SDHC, but oh well.
QUOTEAnd, patching doesn't seem to be a problem to me, that could be done by a simple tool on the PC, am I right?
Right.

Silvestris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how_do_i_do_that said:
In the R4 (even clones) if you click on the last icon to load the gba, the R4 will act as a passme if you have a DS capable firmware installed on the gba device (the M3 perfect has a soft switch to change over to gba mode if you need to). If you have the GBA capable firmware only it will load in GBA mode.

you should really look into getting a different slot1, the R4 and clones will have to deal with anti-DLDI patching code in games by December 2009 if the code is in newer games:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154727

The M3 perfect lite kit has multiple colored shells, one of them being a regualr GBA sized one.

I've read the patching code in games, but I don't worry that much about it, since I mainly use the R4 for media. Which is why I am looking for the M3 version capable of both DS and GBA at the same time. It's good to hear that the R4 will indeed act as a passme. The M3 perfect has a soft switch - hardware switch? The M3 doesn't function as all-in-1, as in supporting both GBA and DS with the same firmware installed?
Now I'm not the expert on passme's and related, so I'd just like to know if the M3, launched from the R4, is capable of launching any game I select in it's interface, may it be DS, GBA, homebrew/emulator.

QUOTE(how_do_i_do_that @ May 18 2009, 10:20 AM) I have about 80% of all gba flash carts (minus all the crap carts and clones), and none of them support HCSD.

Good to hear this confirmation, however sadly that doesn't look that great for my wallet
tongue.gif

So I will need to either get a package or buy a seperate 2GB MiniSD?

Edit: I'm not limiting myself to the M3, however due to it's popularity, it seems as if this card is the best option for me. If you have any other recommendations, please mention these here.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well you can get the one you picked with the CF, it works just as well. There are no gba flashcarts worth getting under 40 bucks, except maybe a the EZ-Flash IV, you will need to patch pokemon games if you were planning to use it for those types of games.

The EZ-IV can be found here:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22019

It uses miniSD and not microSD.

Silvestris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how_do_i_do_that said:
Well you can get the one you picked with the CF, it works just as well. There are no gba flashcarts worth getting under 40 bucks, except maybe a the EZ-Flash IV, you will need to patch pokemon games if you were planning to use it for those types of games.

The EZ-IV can be found here:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22019

It uses miniSD and not microSD.

So, the M3 is going to be a bitch for my wallet.
What is the reason I should patch pokemon games for the EZ-F IV? Is it a flashcard compatibility issue, or is it related to something else like battery or clock, which limits me to do things in the games? Also the site you mentioned states that the card will only be inserted half into my DS. That's quite a CON to me.

Silvestris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how_do_i_do_that said:
pokemon games use a RTC (Real Time Clock), EZ-IV doesn't have the RTC chip thus the pokemon games require RTC patches.

Ok, and with this RTC patch, I will be able to save normally, but will I also be able to do clock-based events in the games? Does the patch 'redirect' the ROM to draw data from the clock from the system itself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021