m3 i zero

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by dbmx, Dec 31, 2009.

Dec 31, 2009

m3 i zero by dbmx at 11:35 AM (2,820 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dbmx
    OP

Newcomer dbmx Newbie

United Kingdom
    hi all
    i have just got a m3i zero i have put the system file plus the f core on the sd card and when i put it in the usb i do not get eney lights on the cad at all.
    the f core i downloaded came in as a video cd movie but all the tutural vids i have watched show a file is this the problem.
    i would be grateful for any help.
    dbmx

2. kenpachi

Newcomer kenpachi Member

United States
    are you putting the latest official system on the sd micro? Apparently m3adpter is down right now but when it comes back up download the latest official firmware from their web site, it comes compressed in a winrar file, you need to download winrar from rarlabs.com and install it. once you do that open the file and inside it will contain a folder called "system". copy that entire folder to your sdmicro card, and then copy over the fcore file. Also, I have a feeling you've just doing what many others have done and put the cable on backwards, it goes in both ways so it's very hard to tell which way is correct, just flip the card over and plug it in and it should work fine. If the light is still not coming on after putting the latest official firmware and the fcore on there and making sure the cable is plugged in correctly, then you got a bad m3i. First try it with a different sdmicro card before sending the cart back though, some cards have issues.

good luck!

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html
    That is the site to get the system file
    Or you could go to this one which is simpler
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89197

4. dbmx
    OP

Newcomer dbmx Newbie

United Kingdom
    thanks for that but still no luck is the core file right{ f-core .dat size 2,097,152} the one i download comes in as a video cd movie?
    thanks dbmx

5. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    I think your PC is the one showing the .DAT files as Video CD movie. Download the one from Handheld resources and try putting the USB thinggy in the right direction

6. dbmx
    OP

Newcomer dbmx Newbie

United Kingdom

hi thanks for that did the download on lap top came in ok.But still got no flasing light when i plug lead in usb to t he m3 card.
    thanks dbmx