M3 DS real problem

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by EmmaExecute, Jan 10, 2010.

Jan 10, 2010

M3 DS real problem by EmmaExecute at 8:54 AM (957 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. EmmaExecute
    OP

Newcomer EmmaExecute Newbie

Australia
    Hey,

Today my M3 ds real card stopped working. My younger sister also has the same card so I tested the micro sd card on hers and it was working so it is definitely the card and not the micro sd card.
    I have had it for over a year and it was working like a dream until today.

Has it done it's time and should I just buy a new card, or is there some way I can fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks,

EmmaExecute

2. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    what happens when you boot the ds with the m3real inserted? it could be that the pins aren't making contact with the ds pins, you could try the paper trick. Get a piece of paper(index card) cut it to the size of the m3 and put it against the m3 label side when you insert the card into your ds...if it boots it's just not making good contact.

3. EmmaExecute
    OP

Newcomer EmmaExecute Newbie

Australia
    Yes! Thank you [​IMG]

it worked when I put the paper in. Is there a way of giving the card better contact without using the paper? like cleaning the connectors or something?

Thanks,

EmmaExecute

4. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    there might be dust or dirt inside the ds slot itself you could try blowing it out with compressed air or something...do not blow into the card slot with your breath you'll just be getting saliva all over the contacts...you might also be able to clean the contacts with 90% rubbing alcohol but I wouldn't recommend using any liquid inside the ds card slot. The only other option really is gluing a thin piece of plastic of putting a sticker over the label to make it fit a little snugger.